Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sick of people complaining about speed Cameras?

DSLXIK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 5.7l
I dont complain about speed cameras in general, but I do get really pissed off when I see them on safe stretches of road that have had zero accidents or injuries and usually have speed limits lower than what they should be.

They should only be put in areas that have a history of speed related accidents, school zones and places that pedestrians frequent.

A high percentage of Australian drivers should not be in control of a motor vehicle. Stop buying cameras and put actual Police on the roads and start punishing drivers for inconsiderate and stupid driving that speed cameras dont detect.

exactly right, a speed camera wont catch the guy next to you that cant stay in his own lane because he's fussing with the rear passenger
cant catch the person with a reaction time 10times slower than normal because he's on the phone

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
I don't mind speed cameras, even if there was one at the end of my street, who cares? I'm not gonna' say I don't speed, pretty sure we've all gone over the limit at some stage, whether on purpose or by accident, but I do agree with the "just don't speed then" way of thinking. They do sometimes put them in weird spots where you think, wtf's a speed camera there for? And I do hate how they have them on the road, but they put the sign in front of the car so you can't see it, but again, shouldn't be speeding should we.

Sure, they don't detect bad drivers and there probably should be more police on the roads, but with the number of police in QLD that we have, which is pretty low at the moment, they can't be spread out everywhere, fining all the bad drivers.

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
exactly right, a speed camera wont catch the guy next to you that cant stay in his own lane because he's fussing with the rear passenger
cant catch the person with a reaction time 10times slower than normal because he's on the phone

So it's perfectly okay to smoke in a car, whilst talking to your passengers, but not talk on the phone? It's also okay to use a CB Radio whilst driving, but not a mobile phone?

What's the difference?

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
In WA it's 100km/h max when towing a trailer.

While this is a continuance to an old thread, I will jump on the revenue band wagon.

In WA the cameras seem to be placed at locations where it is easier to exceed the limit, not at places where it is clearly dangerous to do so IE: roadworks.

Banicks

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais '07

jatsvl

NEEDS MORE POWER!
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl exec wagon
So it's perfectly okay to smoke in a car, whilst talking to your passengers, but not talk on the phone? It's also okay to use a CB Radio whilst driving, but not a mobile phone?

What's the difference?

well I drive a truck and I use the 2 way when communicating with base. I think the difference is that I hold the mic in my hand relay info and take it away again and change gears with it in my hand al without missing any of the conversation because the the speaker is mounted in the cb and I can hear it loud and clear, there is no need for me to hold anything upto my ear continuosly to hear the conversation, also I can't send SMS/TXT's from my cb so I don't need to keep looking at the key pad to check which number/letter I need to push I can use it and concentrate on the whats happening on the road in front of me.
most phones come with handsfree and are bluetooth capable so you can use a mobile phone so long as you use it safely!

somerandom

Reaction score
its all to do with money $$$$

okey, first they need to fund the speed camera set up, and future maintenance and minor electricity costs, so, they should make you pay costs until all costs are evened out(in terms of infringements for speeding)

and after all is paid back to the government, than ...only fine you demerit points

the only deterrent is the points, accumulate too much points and you have no license!!

obvious revenue raising is obvious

vxcp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Equipe
its revenue raising they have moved on to unmarked speed camera vehicles now, u cant say this isnt for revenue raising cause it sure as **** is who agrees