Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sick of people complaining about speed Cameras?

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
its revenue raising they have moved on to unmarked speed camera vehicles now, u cant say this isnt for revenue raising cause it sure as **** is who agrees

I don't agree. Your speeding you cop a fine.

You break the rules, you get punished. How is that not a straight-forward policy? I broke the rules as a kid, I got smacked. I broke the rules in school, I got detention. I break the rules at work, I get in trouble. What the hell makes you think the road is any different?

NIXONLS1

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my mum
its revenue raising they have moved on to unmarked speed camera vehicles now, u cant say this isnt for revenue raising cause it sure as **** is who agrees

Well stop speeding and raising revenue for them, it isn't rocket science, but then again for some people on here it may be quite difficult to comprehend.

Hunter SS

Growing Old Disgracefully
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS
So it's perfectly okay to smoke in a car, whilst talking to your passengers, but not talk on the phone? It's also okay to use a CB Radio whilst driving, but not a mobile phone?

What's the difference?

talking to a copper at an accident scene one day as a firefighter while waiting for the coroner to get there to recover the deceased ( the MVA was caused by speed believe it or not)..... i asked him about that. He said you can be charged for using ANYTHING if it affects the way you control your vehicle. The offence is "not maintain control of the vehicle" and you can be charged for it even by drinking a can of soft drink, using a CB, picking your nose, anything that may cause you to lose concentration or full control.
Makes sense to me.

vxcp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Equipe
I don't agree. Your speeding you cop a fine.

You break the rules, you get punished. How is that not a straight-forward policy? I broke the rules as a kid, I got smacked. I broke the rules in school, I got detention. I break the rules at work, I get in trouble. What the hell makes you think the road is any different?

Who said i speed im saying its revenue raising because there going to a point of undercover speed cameras which is really sad

jatsvl

NEEDS MORE POWER!
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl exec wagon
I think the biggest issue is that the government keeps maintaining a lie when most normal people know about it! other than those with the "don't speed don't get fined"
calling them " safety cameras " when they are not keeping anybody safe. posting signs after the camera which say "speed cameras saves lives" and they don't!
I am all for actual police to pull any body over prove they were speeding e.g. radar or laser and book them on the spot.
happy to have fixed cameras in black spots and school zones
I have never complained about paying a speeding fine, I haven't had 1 for about 3yrs. touch wood! I'm not perfect But neither are YOU!

VZ_SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
I don't see how they help, slowing down for the camera than speed up again. What a waste of time. People get all weird about speed limits, 10 or 20 over, your car won't self destruct and most people are capable of driving faster. Slow speeds and more time on the road is the problem...

m1lky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
If the cameras were to stop speeding they would invest every cent then earning in more cameras. Eventually every piece of every road would have a camera and nobody would speed.

In the likes of hong kong they have red light cameras on every set of lights. Nobody runs them because they'll get caught.

Having a small amount of cameras is revenue gathering. They want you to think you can get away with it do you do it and get fined.

But in saying that you have two choices. Either speed and don't winge when you get caught or don't speed!

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
Even if police are just using cameras to raise revenue, people have already said, if you don't speed, they get no revenue, so if you're so against it, it's a win win to you.

Shortstuff

Random
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Golf GTI PP
I have seen mobile speed cameras being used on the Tulla where it has four lanes each way, and it made me wonder how they decide which car was speeding if there is more than one car in the picture.

Is it possible the camera agency just guess, or always go for the car in the right hand lane? Does anyone know how they work it out? Seems to me there is a big chance for a mistake, especially as there is no guaranteeing which lane the fastest moving cars are going to be in!

m1lky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
In nz anyway. They can't find you if there are multiple cars in the picture.

Even in 4 lanes it would be unusual for two cars to be side by side though