Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

skyline vs ls1

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
stock GTR's were sold as 206kw, however stock ones have pulled more on dynos. it was only on paper they were ever 206kw

BANKS

DW I'm a Spray Painter!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Ute
So your happy that you beat a car with an engine over half the capacity of your's off boost.............you fail!

What a stupid comment... So i can only vs cars that have a around the same literate as mine....PFFFT It comes down to kw at the wheels and power to weight, not bloody engine size!!

Formula one cars have either 3lt v10's or 2.3 litre v8's depending on the year, yet they make over 900hp yet they must FAIL as well somehow.... good on ya

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
I got some figures for the R34 GT-T if thats any help...

power 206Kw@6400rpm
torque 343Nm@3200rpm
weight 1410Kg
0-100 6.02sec
400m 14.32sec

You should know what your car can do...

UNKNOWN

DEFECTED
Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VR SII BT1 5 Speed
no, but I've raced them, and beaten them with my nearly stock car.

In a VL? If thats the case ur dreamin'.....

feistl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS II 6.3L/M6
As mentioned, it comes down to how worked each car is. Also, depends how many people are in each car. Recently went on a bit of a cruise with a R34 GT-T vs a VX SS, each worked a little bit. We had 5 people in each car... The VX destroyed it during a rolling start. You really notice the extra weight in the skylines... whereas the LS1s dont mind extra people.

Personally, i love the R34s and VX's. Dont really like any other model of skyline or commodore.

feistl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS II 6.3L/M6
As mentioned, it comes down to how worked each car is. Also, depends how many people are in each car. Recently went on a bit of a cruise with a R34 GT-T vs a VX SS, each worked a little bit. We had 5 people in each car... The VX destroyed it during a rolling start. You really notice the extra weight in the skylines... whereas the LS1s dont mind extra people.

Personally, i love the R34s and VX's. Dont really like any other model of skyline or commodore.