Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

skyline vs ls1

UNKNOWN

DEFECTED
Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VR SII BT1 5 Speed
Tiz a toyota engine found in Supra's, Aristo's, Crown's, Mark II's, Soarer's and more.

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
id prefer a commodore over a skyline even if its a bit slower. LS1's respond well to mods and if you keep the car stock on the outside there a good sleeper that dosent attract attention to cops etc. where as in a skyline your stereo typed. doesnt matter if you dont do anything wrong, you are always watched.

BANKS

DW I'm a Spray Painter!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Ute
id prefer a commodore over a skyline even if its a bit slower. LS1's respond well to mods and if you keep the car stock on the outside there a good sleeper that dosent attract attention to cops etc. where as in a skyline your stereo typed. doesnt matter if you dont do anything wrong, you are always watched.

so true, cant exactly get a "undercover/sleeper" skyline

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
so true, cant exactly get a "undercover/sleeper" skyline

You can get a 4 door Skyline and fit GT-R running gear or just get a Stagea 260RS wagon with GT-R gear already fitted... that should easily be a sleeper !:thumbsup:

adamc11

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE SS V Z M6
id prefer a commodore over a skyline even if its a bit slower.

totally agree... skylines as far as i'm concerned are pretty rubbishy (except for maybe an r34 gt-r v-spec thats stock as a rock)... they're all imports, its impossible to tell if the kms on them are legit, and generally they have been thrashed. Plus they're very common and i generally look at the young wogs driving them who think they're top ****... really don't want to be part of that stereotype. LS1 for the win :p

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
totally agree... skylines as far as i'm concerned are pretty rubbishy (except for maybe an r34 gt-r v-spec thats stock as a rock)... they're all imports, its impossible to tell if the kms on them are legit, and generally they have been thrashed. Plus they're very common and i generally look at the young wogs driving them who think they're top ****... really don't want to be part of that stereotype. LS1 for the win :p
Ummm how can you call a Skyline common compared to a commodore..........:rofl:

KRUPTD

VN BT1 5L
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Crewman,XE Falcon,HJ V8 panel van,HZ tonner
For me you cant beat a V8 for raw power,the sound and just add 2 turbo's or even a vortech blower with a frount mount and water injection.:)

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
You can get a 4 door Skyline and fit GT-R running gear or just get a Stagea 260RS wagon with GT-R gear already fitted... that should easily be a sleeper !:thumbsup:

Sleeper perhaps, but it will always look like a dogs breakfast ;)