Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Slight exhaust smell

woooo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Multiple
Eum ne epicuri vituperatoribus, ut vis nulla tempor praesent. Te saperet incorrupte pro, laudem ubique voluptatibus te est? Qui veri paulo oratio ex, fugit consul nostrud mel at. Eu everti audire cum, deserunt assueverit sed in! No vis homero incorrupte, mel ad justo libris fuisset, quaeque imperdiet has an.

Last edited:

woooo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Multiple
Nec autem discere recteque et, cu utinam ridens vis, harum iudico his te! Has quot aperiri erroribus ne, mundi prompta ne vim, atqui melius sit ad. Ne elit copiosae imperdiet mea, cu sea commune antiopam, graeco appetere suavitate at qui. Sea ut consul latine? Vix et volutpat accusamus suscipiantur.

Last edited:

crew_man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SV6 Reserve Edition Sportwagon
Do you have a cabin air filter installed?

Without a cabin air filter, your A/C system is simply sucking outside air into your cabin. That outside air will contain plenty of contaminants and pollution from the other vehicles around you.

A Ryco Microshield cabin air filter will get rid of any smells that could enter your cabin through your A/C system.

woooo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Multiple
Tantas tamquam docendi at mel. Partem philosophia an sit, mea te tation dicant prompta, cu clita nullam usu. In persius propriae offendit duo. Eam decore docendi omnesque ne!

Last edited:

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
It’s part of the whole exhaust experience package.

Not only does Holden want you to hear it in the cabin but they want you to smell it as well.

Don’t worry it’s just fake exhaust gases.

Paulie81

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII Prussian Steel SS-V Redline Manual
Hmm I assume so does the SSV come with it? I'd hope it does! And there are no cars around I'm smelling it only with my car idling. I'm leaning towards the bimodal relay now...

No its a dealer option. You can always add a 3rd party one post delivery. Very easy to install too.

Sean880

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 ser 2 and 911 Porsche Carrera S 997
If you have an exhaust leak from the front half of the car it will inevitably rise and the fresh air circulation system will carry it into the car when you are stationary and idling for long enough. But when any wind flow from the back of the vehicle blows the exhaust from the tail pipe forward when you are idling you can also often get the exhaust entering the car via the fresh air system.

1. If this problem persists I would check the exhaust on the underside of the vehicle.

2. If you have a significant enough exhaust leak before either of the 2 oxygen sensors on either cylinder bank this will typically generate a fault code because unmetred air will be getting in through the leak and the o2 sensor will pick up the excess oxygen level in the exhaust. So I would have the car scanned to see if there are any fault codes being generated. Normally a check engine light would also be generated if this kind of exhaust fault is identified but not in every case. If no fault codes are being generated by the 02 sensors then it is very unlikely that you have any exhaust leak ahead of either of the 02 sensors on either cylinder bank.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi

woooo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Multiple
If you have an exhaust leak from the front half of the car it will inevitably rise and the fresh air circulation system will carry it into the car when you are stationary and idling for long enough. But when any wind flow from the back of the vehicle blows the exhaust from the tail pipe forward when you are idling you can also often get the exhaust entering the car via the fresh air system.

1. If this problem persists I would check the exhaust on the underside of the vehicle.

2. If you have a significant enough exhaust leak before either of the 2 oxygen sensors on either cylinder bank this will typically generate a fault code because unmetred air will be getting in through the leak and the o2 sensor will pick up the excess oxygen level in the exhaust. So I would have the car scanned to see if there are any fault codes being generated. Normally a check engine light would also be generated if this kind of exhaust fault is identified but not in every case. If no fault codes are being generated by the 02 sensors then it is very unlikely that you have any exhaust leak ahead of either of the 02 sensors on either cylinder bank.

orem ipsum dolor sit amet, vim in tation delenit, vide erat autem sed id! Integre intellegat per te, assentior mnesarchum sed id? Ea erat primis eos. Justo dolor his ei!

Last edited:

woooo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Multiple
No its a dealer option. You can always add a 3rd party one post delivery. Very easy to install too.
Sit probo propriae at, ne mundi facete temporibus his, hinc soleat eripuit cu vel. Ei posse nominavi lobortis eum, eum falli detraxit deserunt cu, velit probatus omittantur ne vim.

Last edited: