Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Slippery When Wet! :p

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
I'm fairly certain the tyres would all lock up, perhaps not instantly, and the car would assume it was stationary.

pendulum

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore (50th An.), Holden Cruze CDX Diesel
haha Yeah I was thinking more or less along the same lines as Morton :p O well, hopefully I never have to worry bout it :p

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Yeah, but the speed sensor on the other wheel (Rear) would sense the car moving right?? Unless that rear wheel with the sensor doesn't have brakes on it.

Shortstuff

Random
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Golf GTI PP
ABS and ice isn't a good combination. I've tried it and I had literally no brakes until I got on a bit of road with some traction!!

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
hmm I'm not gonna pretend to know the right thing to do in that situation... so what is the right thing to do? :S

And ya gotta feel sorry for the cops who attend scenes like that... think of all the paperwork they'd have to do :p

initially take your foot off the brake and try to steer around it (If your car has no abs). Otherwise give your insurance co a call while you are sliding along. You probably had time to give them a ring ahead of time.

Reaper

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
I don't think it will affect on commodores or cars that brake with 4 wheels as the the rear wheel will lock up and the sensor will still think the car is stationary and you will have full braking, but still you will slide along and find something to hit.

Spaced

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore Exec
I know, eh? But I can't blame them, it must be scary as all hell knowing full well that you're going to crunch into the car infront of you, and not being able to do diddly squat about it :p At least that second bloke had the right idea, hop out the passenger side and use your body as a snow plough :yeah:

I'm so glad we don't get such badly iced up roads down in aus ^^

lol but what I found strange is get out of this car that's designed to save you in crashes at high speeds and really safe to jump in front of on coming traffic. Should have had snow tyres on :D

matty88

LPG Installer :p
Reaction score
Members Ride
TEXXXY: Resprayed TX3 Non Turbo
Looks fun to skate on, the panel beaters will be busy there...

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition