Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

So, dumbest thing ever or what?

calais24/7

Mucca Mad Boys
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais II 5L, 98 rodeo v6
Many years ago now, when I still rode bikes, used to go on the Christmas Toy Run here in Perth. 6000 odd bikes going down the right lane of the freeway, and one guy in a VL Calais decides he's gonna get in the lane with us, instead of sticking to the other 3 lanes like every other decent car driver was doing. My mate pulled across into the emergency lane, accelerated up alongside the drivers window, gave him a friendly toot and a waveoff out of the lane. The guy obliged, and pulled back over one lane, but felt the need to turn and give my mate the finger and a mouthful of abuse out the window. And then a few hundred metres further along felt the need to turn and shake his fist and swear at us again. And failed to see the Landrover Disco in front of him stop, which he smacked into the back of rather hard. :D

Hahah I bet you were feeling pretty good on the inside. Bloody vl drivers :p

Jebadayah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
I felt bad for the VL, cos I loved those cars, but not for the tool driving it :)

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
Hahahaha this thread is full of win! Should be made a sticky i reckon. Just because there are so many good stories in here would be shame to see them get lost.

patto_505

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx s
definatley should be stickied

tim005

Yet Another VS Ute Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
99' Series 3 VS S-Pac Ute.
I have one for you guys.
Me and my mate were in his manual BF XR6 N/A with some mild work done to it, we came to the lights and we were in the left lane which ended shortly in front of us, next to us was a mature aged women in smalll 4 cylinder audi. We thought to ourselves no worries, we will be able to jump to the right lane before she does. Light goes green and the women absolutely floors it, so does my mate and the end of the left lane is coming closer and closer. Lucky the BF had a bit more beef and we squeezed in by the hair on our teeth. The women then proceeded to drag us at the next three lights putting a little smile on both our faces haha.
My other personal favourtie. On my way to pick up my girlfriend from work i stopped at the lights. Another red p plater pulled up next to me in his Mazda 3 with a car load of friends with music blarring. He looks at me and revved it, lights go green and he revs the poor ring out of the little mazda and takes off. I casullay drive off thinking what a wanker. Next set of lights same deal except he keeps staring at me. Lights go green, i take off rather fast and smash the little mazda into the ground. Let's just say the next set of lights he wasn't too happy. I don't condone street racing, but the justcommodore sticker on my ute gets a lot of attention from people wanting to....

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
a few years ago i was pulled over while a cop went over all the rwc items he could find on my car... a friendly 200sx saw me and for a laugh he honks his horn, his mate hangs out the window swearing blue bloody murder, driver gives it a HUGE bootful, then to my delight some blue and red lights start up from the next street when another officer was hidden.

after i drove off with my nice new canary fitted, i saw the 200sx was suffering the same fate :)

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
a few years ago i was pulled over while a cop went over all the rwc items he could find on my car... a friendly 200sx saw me and for a laugh he honks his horn, his mate hangs out the window swearing blue bloody murder, driver gives it a HUGE bootful, then to my delight some blue and red lights start up from the next street when another officer was hidden.

after i drove off with my nice new canary fitted, i saw the 200sx was suffering the same fate :)

Except for your canary part, that would of been funny as hell.

Mirkz

Reaction score
Members Ride
GSXR1000
Coming up to a round-a-bout, I slow for the car who is coming around the round-a-bout from the right.
After he goes around on the inside lane, I start to continue (was still rolling) through on the outside lane.
As Im about to pass him on the exit, he decides that he likes my lane better and merges over with no indication (I swear Perth people do NOT know how to use a fkn round-a-bout).
I jump on the brakes to avoid him merging into the front of my car and then after we've exited the round-a-bout I jump in the right lane to over take.
He quickly winds his window up.. I don't give him any abuse or anything, but you could see he knew he fked up.
Even at the next set of lights he stopped half a car length back, made me laugh a little.

Dave93

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS3 S-pack M5
I have a couple of stories here, once I was walking down the road to the shops near my house, and I pass a set of traffic lights, 2 lanes, with a Mistubishi Evo 8 or something, and a VE Clubby creeping forward, and a TRD Aurion sitting behind the clubby. Light goes green, clubby and Evo smash it off the line, as the clubby pulls ahead, ( i was about 200m down the road by this point) the Aurion (must have been worked to the max) casually weaves between the 2 cars and pulls away like the other 2 are standing still... made me stare in disbelief haha..

Another one, i was in my VS ute at some other lights, p-plater pulls up in a mazda 3 and starts creepin forward, i thought what the hell, i'll smoke this bloke, what i didnt realise is it was one of those new SP23's with the 2.3 turbo 190KW engine haha never been so embarrased in my life =(

miss_trucka

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Best thing ive seen being a female P plater was a guy being a smart cookie at a set of lights, trying to race me, i was in a landcruiser ute (straight 6 diesel).... I beat him... He was actually hitting his steering wheel in shame... Probably didnt help he stalled it though hahaha...

Last edited: