Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

so my car was unregistered..

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'Ruby' 1991 VN Exec & '98 Proton M21 Coupe
Haha mine is three days before my wedding and birthday, very expensive birthday this year :D

Mines on Christmas Eve.....

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
mines due in the first few days of january........so my parents make it my xmas pressy every year.........cant complain about that!!

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
:w00t: tough luck that'll teach you for driving an unregistered car :w00t:

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
speaking of rego I had to pay mine today. Had to pay for rego on the VX when I had it back in April and it was $300. The VZ cost me close to $500 for rego today, so theyve made $800 out of me this year and one of the cars I no longer own :whistling

Cant complain tho, I saved money on the CTP - almost $200 which was a surprise.

Now the rego and CTP and insurance is payed time to save for Bathurst 1000 :yeah:

vy_storm

just another moderator...
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.users.on.net
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6L
And speaking of which, my renewal just arrived in the PO box, it doesn't run out till the 14th Oct. And the killer, $885 for the privilege of 12 months rego! Another generous donation to the SA govt :(

satos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
I'm paying $575 for rego in vic and it keeps going up every year.More frigging revenue collecting for the government.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
And speaking of which, my renewal just arrived in the PO box, it doesn't run out till the 14th Oct. And the killer, $885 for the privilege of 12 months rego! Another generous donation to the SA govt :(

damn adam, i whinge about paying $518 a year lol.

chappy

VY2 R8 Clubsport
Reaction score
Website
www.hsv-holden.com.au
Members Ride
VY2 R8 Clubsport
Got pulled over today because my P plate was missing (my brother had taken it and im gonna kill him now!), and the cop tells me that my registration is 10 days overdue... which i had no idea it was even close to being due... never received anything in the mail about renewal... $551!!! not happy, the most annoying thing was i got home, and a letter from vicroads telling me that the car was no longer registered because i hadn't renewed was on the table... it took almost a whole week for that letter to come in the mail...

if only aussie post were a bit quicker, then i woulda realised and payed the registration.. aww shoulda known it was due

How could someone not know there rego was due for christ sake it on the sticker and for someone to say they didn't know is lame, how about your insurance you checked that yet?

This is a costly over site but it could have been worst image if you were involved in an accident the car wouldn't be insured as it was unregistered.

pendulum

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore (50th An.), Holden Cruze CDX Diesel
P plates... pretty hard to miss them missing when you go out, and with the fine system in place most everyone i know checks that they have some on... and as far as rego goes... my was due mid July, like... two weeks after my b'day... and i got a notice of renewal in mid... April it would have been... nearly $800 bucks as well :( Which sucks if your a full time student who's not from a family made of money :p

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
I've had wanker cops when it comes to both situations.

The rego, i was living out of home, with a mate because it was quicker to get to work. My rego ran out at midnight (was pulled up at 1am) and that still wasn't good enough for them. Went home straight away, payed on credit card, and back out driving again.

Because i was on my P's at the time, its classed as a breach of conditions, and automatic disqualification, plus the $400 fine or something. I think that was harsh considering my car was out of rego for all of about 2 hours, and i had a legitimate reason.

On the P plate thing, i say don't drive with either and hoe you don't get caught.
Years ago a cop pulled me over (well, i pulled into a servo, and he thought he needed to hold up peak hour traffic to do a u turn to get back to me). My car was on defect, with the sticker displayed, and permission to drive it. After going over my car finding nothing, he then sends out a fine for not displaying a P plate. Both where there, just the back one the corner had fallen down.

Obviously not having the time and money to fight them in court, i had to cop it, and he knew that. In the end, i drove around without them up (yeah blah blah its illegal to remove a defect sticker), and believe it or not, not once did i get pulled over. When i did i put the sticker back on, and showed the permission to drive it (4 random bretho's easter weekend, at least there doing there job)

I believe my old Sig that wasn't allowed on here comes to mind, said cops are tops with an extra word added at the front ;)