Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Society

Tim Smtih

Sexy Man
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Members Ride
just buy a v8 lol
Exactly. People are stupid, not all, just most. I live on a busy four lane road, down the road from a quarry. Traffic starts before dawn and lasts until midnight or so. And those quarry trucks like to use their exhaust brakes down the six hundred metres of road behind me. I also live in close proximity to the local refuse tip. I knew all this when i bought the place. Guess what i do, i deal with it. If i don't like it one day i will move, there's no point in making my problem everyone elses problem.

Kikki

WA Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.christielynphotography.com
Members Ride
08 VE SSV Sportswagon & 03 VY S Pac
Likewise people who buy next to the airport, then whinge about the noise the planes make.

I've lived near the RAAF base for 25 years and its never caused an issue for me. So a plane flies over every now and then....

Maybe golf ball lady needs a pair (of golf balls) to harden up abit......

I live near Perth domestic/inter airport (nextdoor pretty much) and when I go away I cant sleep coz I miss the noise lol.

The same issue with schools.... We have 2 families across from our school complaining abut parents parking on the grass (for no more than 5 minutes) and balls coming over their fence.

I dont get the iussue, you buy near a school wouldnt you expect the odd ball over your fence or car on your lawn at pick up & drop off time, I know I would if it were me and I'd deal with it.

People just need to whinge!

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
I'm not so sure about the car on your property. Out the front is no issue tho...... (providing it doesn't block your entry/exit)

maginoodle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series2 ss crewman
My mate has about 30 or more cars in his spare block next to his house. Has always kept it tidy and never had any complaints, new nieghbours moved in and started complaining. Council wouldnt do anything, so every time he takes out his centura which has a 350 chev in it they ring the cops and dob him in for driving an unregistered car. First time it happened he copped it sweet cause it was registered and didnt get any fines, second time he asked the cop why they thought it was unregistered and the cop said i cant tell you but you have a good neighbor.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
My mate has about 30 or more cars in his spare block next to his house. Has always kept it tidy and never had any complaints, new nieghbours moved in and started complaining. Council wouldnt do anything, so every time he takes out his centura which has a 350 chev in it they ring the cops and dob him in for driving an unregistered car. First time it happened he copped it sweet cause it was registered and didnt get any fines, second time he asked the cop why they thought it was unregistered and the cop said i cant tell you but you have a good neighbor.

LAWL. Neighbours like that would just encourage me to buy more cars. Don't like my land, move somewhere else.

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
or those people at harrington park that complained Oran Park was too loud ..

Ive been into one of the blocks that backs onto Luna Park, granted it was an office block - phone room/call center type arrangement.

The view was spectacular across Luna Park and into the harbour, and the windows were that sealed up I'd be worried if the AC ever broke down as to how breathing would go.

I couldn't hear any excess noise, it was surprisingly quiet. The only noise was occasionally one of the rides coming past and people screaming, once every 3 or 4 minutes BUT that said it was exremely muffled and "dumbed" down and in all honesty, what do you expect from big machinery that carries screaming people?. I would have expected more noise to be honest.

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Absolutely, its the minority getting thier way, its horse ****. They should have a nice cup of contrete, and wash that down with a can of shut the **** up.

HAHAHAHAHAH Sig worthy!

I totally agree

CalaisJohn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais S2
a neighbor of mine complained about the smell of body-deadener drifting across two decent sized blocks and finding it's way up into his babboon nose saying he was gonna call the EPA because it's gonna kill the unlicenced birds he keeps. I said go ahead make my day lmao.

Anyways i'm drifting, I think society and it's people have become way too condensed and everyone gets on each others nerves and we become increasingly intolerant. I for one like to get away at times and go well out of my way to find some solitude and sure enough someone will park right next to me! just an observation...

Rossbx

Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 VS Commodore Equipe Sedan
People here complained the the Pistol Club was too noisey on weekends and wanted it closed down. It had been there for many, many years. Most of the complaints were from Doctors and Lawyers and the upper crust types in the area. They eventually got their way because some idiot built a house in the Buffer zone. The club was forced to move to another area 15 K's away.

The Rifle club copped the same complaints from new residents who bought houses across the road from the club. These noobies were shut down fairly quickly by the older residents who explained to them that it was better to put up with a bit of noise on the weekend than lose the magnificient views of the valley below. If the club was to be closed down and the land sold, there is 90% chance that it would be filled with hi-rise buildings.
So yeah, why buy a place without first doing your homework; check with the neighbours on what the area is like before you buy. If they know what is in the area and still buy the place, then they should just learn to adjust to it as everybody else in in the area has.