Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Solar Eclipse

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Yeah , same general area as @figjam =sooo= not a chance of seeing .
Forecast was up to 10 mm of rain = recon = got up to 4x to 5x that !!!!
Maybe 2028!!!

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
1:15pm will be VIC'S viewing

Won't be total for us apparently
I was at Arthur's Seat down the Mornington Peninsula waiting for the sun to dip, or some sort of partial eclipse, but it was a non event,
That’s was a waste of 5 minutes,
As nothing changed.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
1681987960441.png

Lunar nodes are the locations where the Moon crosses the Earth's orbital plane.

As long as the moon stays up in the sky and doesn’t get knocked off its orbital axis by some fast moving asteroid, I’m not so fascinated at looking at shadows.

As interesting as shadows can be, I‘d think it’s more interested to hear about things like asteroid 2023 DZ2,… before the fact ;):oops:

For those that don’t know, 2023 DZ2 came wizzing past our planet last month in what is an astrological bullet graze for our planet ( I also heard of it after the fact ) :eek:

So if life is potentially going to end for some/all, on this 3rd rock from the sun, I‘d want to know before hand as I don’t want to work till the day I die. Instead I’d rather give work a miss and grab a beer or two with family and friends and go for a last drive so e where nowhere :p

Baldoldfart

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY
I witnessed a total eclipse a few years ago, an amazing experience. It went totally dark. I was flying at the time, you could see a shadow coming across then it went very dark. I could see car lights, nearby villages lights. Then after a minute or two I could see the shadow disappearing towards the east. From start to finish it took probably ten minutes.