Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Something for you VE blokes

vicarious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6 SPORTWAGON
It is also possible that people don't hoon around and take care of there car, my brother have a mkv golf and it's lower then that car , it's on coil overs , we live in Canberra and there are speed humps on practically every street , his has been that low for over a year now and it's body / lips/skirts/exaughst ate in perfect condition , if you asked for a picture my guess is that it would be exactly the same

i think a golf is a bit different to a 5m+ wagon, park it in a car park and you get the front bar caught on the car stoppers and get it beached on a speed hump or hill. I did this the other day had some heavy **** in the back of the wagon and scraped the underbody tray and mine is stock height.

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
i think a golf is a bit different to a 5m+ wagon, park it in a car park and you get the front bar caught on the car stoppers and get it beached on a speed hump or hill. I did this the other day had some heavy **** in the back of the wagon and scraped the underbody tray and mine is stock height.

Sounds like someone needs to learn to operate their vehicle...

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
If you have to stretch the tyres onto the rims like that to fit them under the guards then you have a problem

I think you'll find that they're not stretched so they'll fit, they're stretched for "the look".

Meh.. I prefer the "stance" on mine...

vicarious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6 SPORTWAGON
Sounds like someone needs to learn to operate their vehicle...

what?, i went up a hill,went over the apex of the hill then went sharply down and it scrapped in the middle. How do i need to drive properly?

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
Don't drive places you'll scrape :)

Mine isn't even low but I know to avoid the local shopping centre car park speed humps.

MattSV6VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Red VE SV6

You are right as you say the gold Is different , your car wil make it over the speed hump and stoppers and get caught where as the golf is too low to even make it over the bumps or stoppers , but like I said he manages just fine .

Reaction score
Members Ride
9th Consecutive Commodore: VEII
For some reason aftermarket wheels never look right to me.

I like the look of a car all factory, upspec wheels, just lowered a inch.

Like in the banner for this forum :)

kingswood country

Reaction score
Members Ride
hj kingswood
IMO, it's an inch too low all round, and either needs an extra inch in the wheel, or more sidewall. And the offset is all wrong. And the stepped lip. I'd hate to see them when he scrubs a gutter. Or a pothole, that's assuming the suspensions got enough travel left in it to not rid the exhaust and skirts off.