Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Speeding Margin to be axed.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
yes i made a generalisation.
You're one of those rare 'good drivers' that we hardly ever see nowadays. 20km over is an exaggeration haha. more like 10. personally, if something runs out right in front of me, im probably going to hit it regardless of the speed im doing, unless im doing like 30km...
Also, "see a copper = slam the brakes" EVERYONE does it! You can't tell me when you go past a police car on the highway that everyone in front of you has their brake lights on.. not so much slamming the brakes, but slowing down

My point is: People who speed are still going to speed. Thoughts?

Its not that I'm rare or some goody-two-shoes, I just like to sit back, cruise, and put some music on, driving is my relaxing time.

And the people who I see hitting the anchors most, are the people who passed me 10 seconds ago.

And yes, agree with the last comment.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
yes i made a generalisation.
You're one of those rare 'good drivers' that we hardly ever see nowadays. 20km over is an exaggeration haha. more like 10. personally, if something runs out right in front of me, im probably going to hit it regardless of the speed im doing, unless im doing like 30km...
Also, "see a copper = slam the brakes" EVERYONE does it! You can't tell me when you go past a police car on the highway that everyone in front of you has their brake lights on.. not so much slamming the brakes, but slowing down

My point is: People who speed are still going to speed. Thoughts?

I don't and people who do it **** me up the wall. He can't get you for speeding if you're doing the limit! You constantly get muppets who slam their brakes and go past 5kmph under the limit.

Those same muppets are the ones who slow down as soon as they see a police car driving along the road. SO annoying! seriously, just do the speed limit and they won't care.

I agree with your point, people who speed will keep speeding. People losing their licence because they accumilate 12 points is evidence of this. People either don't learn or don't care.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Also it doesn't matter if you slam your brakes on because a LIDAR has got your speed before you have seen it.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Also, "see a copper = slam the brakes" EVERYONE does it!

I certainly don't brake and have in fact passed patrol cars on a number of occasions. I have a cop friend who finds it highly amusing that he can have a long convoy behind him at any given time.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
My mate who is a cop used to find that so bloody annoying when he used to drive to the academy (few years ago now), in uniform driving a VZ, used to give him the shits when the people in front do 10km/h under when they see him. Though he did say it was amusing when people pass him way over the speed limit, see him, than hit the anchors and go back past him the other way.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon

VEV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina 6L
Don't Australian Standards allow up to a 10% error in speedo readings??

(Display Speed – Actual speed) = 0.1 Actual speed + 4 km/h as in the ADR. So if your speedo is reading say 100kmh, you are actually travelling at circa ~95kph assuming driven straight off the production line. The tolerance allows for tyre wear and pressure I would think.

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'Ruby' 1991 VN Exec & '98 Proton M21 Coupe
I think people are forgetting that it doesn't matter how accurate your speedo is or what your speed your speedo says your doing.

It's what the coppers radar or speed camera say you are doing that matters.