Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[NSW] Speeding.

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
I think someone is telling you fibs mate, I think you loose your license after 30klm over and I think in some states over 45klm they take your car.
Victoria has 25km/h and over and it's licence loss. 45Kph (OR more than 145Kph in a 110Kph zone) over and vehicle is impounded.

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
In NSW it's 30km and over is 3 months, not sure how fast you have to go to lose it for 6 months now though...

If you're not on your Ps, you lose 4 points, I think if you're on your Ps you lose 5 (I know the 3-point speeding offenses cost P platers 4 so that P1 holders lose their license for a single offense).

SMURFTEC.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VS S Commodore
i think to lose it for 6months you have to be doing 40km or 45km above, dont quote me but, a bloke i know got done doing 90 odd in a 50 zone and lost his licence for three months, the day he was eligble to get it again, he went to the rta to get it back and they gave him another three months, totalling to 6.

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI

gts071

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV GTS
Or you could just search the RTA - Speeding penalties

As taken from this link

What penalties apply for speeding in NSW?
If your vehicle is detected by a fixed speed camera, mobile speed camera or Police Officer and a penalty notice is issued, you will incur a fine and licence demerit points. P1 licence holders will have their licence suspended for at least 3 months for any speeding offence.

Here is the fine
More than 20 km/h but not more than 30 km/h, is 4 demerit points & $338 fine.
So not sure if you will lose your licence for this also as I think P licence holers only have 4 points?

So that could be 6 months if you get stung for both.

2 options here
1.suck it up and take the fine, points and loss of licence.
2.talk with a lawyer and see what your options are as you may be able to dispute the fine and say you were doing 19k over and only get done for 3 months.

Nice to see someone admit they did the wrong thing too!

Oh_Your_Blind

Green means 'Earth'!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY Executive
but from what ive read, lose 4 points its 3 months loss, over 4 is 6 months..
well i think the only thing i can do is wait and let you all know the outcome to solve this

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
On your red P's you will lose your license for 3 months for ANY speeding offense.

Oh_Your_Blind

Green means 'Earth'!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY Executive
On your red P's you will lose your license for 3 months for ANY speeding offense.

Yeah but i dunno how long ill lose mine for

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
from the RTA site

Licence suspension for any speeding offence for P1 drivers and provisional riders.
As a P1 driver or provisional rider you will receive a minimum of four demerit points and have your licence suspended for at least three months if you speed on or after 1 July 2007. A fine is also payable.

It'll be 3 months, Sisters friend lost hers for 3 months for doing 18 over