Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Spotted !!!! 427

Status
Not open for further replies.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I wouldn't say that GM's best supercar is beating the **** out of Nissan's best supercar.

Corvette's answer is simply to go bigger, which doesn't take much thinking at all. What about the rest of the car?

For the price, its still a heap of ****, period. I just saw a Top Gear episode where they point out how poorly made it is.

Imagine how much one of those things would cost if it was sold here?

For the money that one of these things costs, I would also be expecting decent build quality and engineering.

lol, USA, GM and build quality, not words you can use in one sentence with a positive outcome :)

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
:O commodores arent crap :(

i feel sorry for u guys with the **** ones, cuz ur missing out ;)

Really? I class mine as a **** one(in comparison to other cars I own now), the new HSV's I test drove I classed in the same boat :p

What am I missing out on???

B

BXHD

Really? I class mine as a **** one(in comparison to other cars I own now), the new HSV's I test drove I classed in the same boat :p

What am I missing out on???

hmmm well i dunno whats so bad about a vy senator? they are hot.

and the 2 cars i have owned (vl calais and vz sv6) are really reliable (vl never broken down.. over 23 years old) and the vz has had a few problems but thats because of what it had done by someone.. lol i am trying to make sense but failing..

anywhoo my point being, i love my car so much, its sexy imo and relaible and i couldnt ask for much more.. and if i had a vy sexator i would die a happy girl.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
hmmm well i dunno whats so bad about a vy senator? they are hot.

and the 2 cars i have owned (vl calais and vz sv6) are really reliable (vl never broken down.. over 23 years old) and the vz has had a few problems but thats because of what it had done by someone.. lol i am trying to make sense but failing..

anywhoo my point being, i love my car so much, its sexy imo and relaible and i couldnt ask for much more.. and if i had a vy sexator i would die a happy girl.

Good on ya, Holden and HSV make great cars. Personally I wouldn't give two hoots about what some people think about commodores, as long as you and the majority of aussies are happy with em who cares.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
I wouldn't say that GM's best supercar is beating the **** out of Nissan's best supercar.

Corvette's answer is simply to go bigger, which doesn't take much thinking at all. What about the rest of the car?

For the price, its still a heap of ****, period. I just saw a Top Gear episode where they point out how poorly made it is.

is that why jeremy clarkson named it best car of the year??
Better laps, better 1/4 miles (basically everything better race orientated) to me is a better sports car. Considering it beats ferrari's V12's down the 1/4mile also at less then 1/4 of the price is just awesome.

Deutscher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota MR2
Ehhh... I'd take a R34 GTR over it anyday. With lots left over cash, buy some performance mods and viola.

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 LC Sahara TTDV8, 1991 VP Calais V8
is that why jeremy clarkson named it best car of the year??
Better laps, better 1/4 miles (basically everything better race orientated) to me is a better sports car. Considering it beats ferrari's V12's down the 1/4mile also at less then 1/4 of the price is just awesome.

Better laps? It had trouble keeping up with the Audi around the track.

Clarkson went on about how he would prefer the Corvette because it was more fun to drive.

To me there is more to a car than the 1/4 mile.

Any manufacturer can slingshot a car down the 1/4 mile, but combining speed with handling, acceleration and build quality, to me thats the better car.

You could get a commodore to beat a ferarri down the 1/4 mile if you spent enough money on it, but at the end of the day its still a piece of **** compared to the ferarri.

Same goes with the Corvette.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
I saw the title and i thought you meant THE 427, not those shitty W427s......

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Better laps? It had trouble keeping up with the Audi around the track.

Clarkson went on about how he would prefer the Corvette because it was more fun to drive.

To me there is more to a car than the 1/4 mile.

Any manufacturer can slingshot a car down the 1/4 mile, but combining speed with handling, acceleration and build quality, to me thats the better car.

So you agree the corvette is the better car?
Yes better laps, it beats the gtr piece around a few well known tracks, watch the video above :)

here it is again
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mC-PQca6FJU

and another at a very well known track, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etW4EXMQG5g

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 LC Sahara TTDV8, 1991 VP Calais V8
So you agree the corvette is the better car?
Yes better laps, it beats the gtr piece around a few well known tracks, watch the video above :)

here it is again
YouTube - ZR1 Smokes GT-R: Chevy Corvette ZR1 vs. Nissan GT-R

and another at a very well known track, YouTube - ZR1 vs GT-R at the Nurburgring Sync at 00:00:00

No, I don't agree its the better car.

It simply does not have the build quality or technology that would qualify it.

For the money that it costs, its decidedly low tech compared to competitors.

Effective, yes. Better car, no.

Status
Not open for further replies.