Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Spud Guns, Legal?

sik_dose

Hybrids. Cars for fools.
Reaction score
Members Ride
1986 VL Calais Turbo, VZ SV6
Ive got the day off tomorow..............

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina

Matt_vp

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy lumina v6 A4
+ 1 for start ya bastard, oxy and acetylene also works very well for a few blast and if you use lpg make some kind of remote trigger because there is a good chance the bottom will explode.

As for ammo, frozen oranges go the best for distance, mangos are good, but usually only the seed comes out, for show we used to wrap petrol soaked rags with duct tape and dip them back in petrol.
Mat

kniever

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Calais L67 & VN II Calais T5 5ltr
lol when i read the title of this thread i thought of the little red guns you buy a toy shops and shoot tiny bits of potato!

haha yeh i thought the same

pow3rslave

DoNothing Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5.0L
there's a site somewhere with designs for a pneumatic (air pressure, not combustion) ones, you pump them up, then flick a switch which opens a solenoid valve. i guess that's technically legal because it's not combustion, but good luck convincing the cops of it.

jakbob

Lighten up.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, VC L, VK Vacationer
A tennis ball full of water and frozen works well.

bulldog79

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy calais .vs commodore
its only illegal. if you get caught fu#k the goverment i had one that went threw a street sighn

Chris E

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Executive 3.8
Guessing illegal, simply because of the incredible power they have, they are basically a freaking cannon... Pretty sure that at close range they would be fatal/close to fatal, used to shoot well over 200m, or straight through both sides of 3 plastics buckets, car windows (Our own bush bashers, not other people cars before anyone flames me).

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
LPG, Hairspay combustible propellant ones are illegal. My oldest son made a few(of all sorts) with a mate and tested them on mates parents property and i was all for him doing it. He left a couple under my house when he left home a few years ago that I have cut up for plumbling;) Consider them very short barreled spud guns now. Meh, you can tell I really fear flying potatoes/oranges..

jakbob

Lighten up.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, VC L, VK Vacationer
^^ You don't want be caught with sawn off spud guns man, they hang you by your toes for that. Never know when you might hide one under your shirt and go into a public place and off somebody.