Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Squeaky Suspension

ProbablyRaging

Drop Bass, Not Bombs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vroom Vroom Car
Just wondering if there is an easy way to fix squeaky suspension? My front right suspension has been driving me nuts lately, every bump in the road makes it squeak like an old bus, quite embarrassing really.

I can't actually tell where abouts the squeaking is coming from within the suspension, but is there anyway I can atleast quiten it down until I can find a permanent fix for it? Maybe some WD40 or something? Lol

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Confucius say "If it squeak, oil it" or use silicone spray preferably, of course that is providing it is only sway bar rubbers etc., and not major component (wheel bearings, shocks etc ) failure, then you need to fix it.

WD40 is more a drying type spray.

Most cars-trucks squeak, grind, bang, after rain.

ProbablyRaging

Drop Bass, Not Bombs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vroom Vroom Car
Confucius say "If it squeak, oil it" or use silicone spray preferably, of course that is providing it is only sway bar rubbers etc., and not major component (wheel bearings, shocks etc ) failure, then you need to fix it.

WD40 is more a drying type spray.

Most cars-trucks squeak, grind, bang, after rain.

I'm not sure what the part is called but it seems to me like its coming from a bar that runs under the engine, just behind the radiator and connects to both sides of the suspension.

Any ideas?

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
swaybar link try spraying/oil/grease the 2 rubbers then take it for a strap, if it squeeks, its not it, continue trying other rubber mounts til it no longer squeeks

ProbablyRaging

Drop Bass, Not Bombs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vroom Vroom Car
swaybar link try spraying/oil/grease the 2 rubbers then take it for a strap, if it squeeks, its not it, continue trying other rubber mounts til it no longer squeeks

Alright, gave that a go, went for a drive, its a little better but still really squeaky.

Is there an easy way of undoing the sway bar and getting some grease into the rubbers rather then just applying to the outside?

muzza

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx berlina
are the bushes red ? cause if u have nolathane bushes like me instead of rubber they do squeak a little
Alright, gave that a go, went for a drive, its a little better but still really squeaky.

Is there an easy way of undoing the sway bar and getting some grease into the rubbers rather then just applying to the outside?

ProbablyRaging

Drop Bass, Not Bombs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vroom Vroom Car
are the bushes red ? cause if u have nolathane bushes like me instead of rubber they do squeak a little

I believe so yes, if you are talking about the bushed that are bolted to the frame facing towards the front of the car? I'm not great with cars, I know abit but deffinately not suspension wise.

Where can I pick up some nolathane or white line link pins and bushes? And how hard to replace them?