Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

stability control...traction control???

Impulse SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 M6
I have the 6sp manual, i have no trouble steppin it out round corners and chirpin into second so long as the ESP is off. As for lighting it from a stand still i'm not sure! I dont really want to punish it to that extent, not to mention how expensive those tyres are!

BOY1236

Crazy dude in a V8
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS (4-speed auto)
Originally Posted by monaro327 View Post
as i said it's the torque management old mate above has an SS.

but I've seen stock sv6 and even lower models doing burnouts and rings like nothing

here see this : YouTube - CHEVROLET SPEED STAR 2008 ROUND 1

most of them are V6 and base models , and at : 1:25 , thats an SV6 ....

Thesickness86

Thesickness86
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 Ve ute
I've got an 08 omega auto and it does it pretty well. It's never had a tune up or anything. Maybe someone from Holden may know

Amber98

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 Ve commodore omega
Anyone ever had a noise from the motor like a rattle after putting your foot down? I'm no hoon either but haven't been getting along with my neighbour and he waited for me to come out of my drive way, cut infront of me and sat on 10ks and kept slamming his brakes on so I got pissed off and I spun the car out to go into a different street to get to where I needed to be and the stability control came on and now my car is making a rattle like an old tractor. It's happened before as well, this is the second time. The first time I under estimated someone's speed and pulled out, speed limit was 80 but this fella was doing 130 and he kept ramming up my ass with my 2 year old son in the back seat so I've had to put my foot right down to speed up and as soon as that's happened the noise happened and warning lights, check engine and oil. Left the car for a few days, Gave the engine a clean out and the noise went. This time no lights on dash board no warning lights just the stability control and as soon as the stability control came on the car started making the noise again. I'm in a rural town, ready to give birth and the closest hospital is an hour away plus I already have 1 child and I don't have anyone else to rely on. Just wondering if anyone could tell me what this possibly could be? I had hell last time and just had to fix the thing myself but this is the second time and I don't want to be having to have a quick fix every time I put my foot down. Last time was hell trying to figure out what was wrong, there is a mechanic here but very dodgy and shifty plus doesn't even know anything about cars made later than 2000

Bwhite02

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Anyone ever had a noise from the motor like a rattle after putting your foot down? I'm no hoon either but haven't been getting along with my neighbour and he waited for me to come out of my drive way, cut infront of me and sat on 10ks and kept slamming his brakes on so I got pissed off and I spun the car out to go into a different street to get to where I needed to be and the stability control came on and now my car is making a rattle like an old tractor. It's happened before as well, this is the second time. The first time I under estimated someone's speed and pulled out, speed limit was 80 but this fella was doing 130 and he kept ramming up my ass with my 2 year old son in the back seat so I've had to put my foot right down to speed up and as soon as that's happened the noise happened and warning lights, check engine and oil. Left the car for a few days, Gave the engine a clean out and the noise went. This time no lights on dash board no warning lights just the stability control and as soon as the stability control came on the car started making the noise again. I'm in a rural town, ready to give birth and the closest hospital is an hour away plus I already have 1 child and I don't have anyone else to rely on. Just wondering if anyone could tell me what this possibly could be? I had hell last time and just had to fix the thing myself but this is the second time and I don't want to be having to have a quick fix every time I put my foot down. Last time was hell trying to figure out what was wrong, there is a mechanic here but very dodgy and shifty plus doesn't even know anything about cars made later than 2000

Could well be the Air intake I had this issue previously and it was due to the air intake being incorrectly attached. Check your intake manifold and air box (the plastic box attached to the front of your engine that sits above the radiator), and make sure the clamps are tight all the way down to the filter box on the right side of the engine bay. Check for any small cracks in the plastic, make sure your air filter is clean, and ensure your MAF (the plug in your air intake) is plugged in properly, and is clean.