Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stability control

Megan_21

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6 commodore
Hi I have a ve sv6 commodore and last week I was driving and it came up on the screen stability control off and I couldn't put it back on, then the next day it started saying contact dealer with a big x on the screen then it would come up check engine so I took it to the guy I got the service and he couldn't figure it out so I took it to Holden got a diagnostic test and it stated that it was the transmission and it felt like it when I drove it like it was having troubles going into gear but now it's only coming up with with stability turned off it's not having troubles going into gear it's not coming up with contact dealer and check engine anymore does anyone know what's going??? on please help cheers

bfhoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx commodore
Disconnect the negative battery terminal for a few minutes then reconnect see if fault still occurs

namboss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 Holden VE Commodore
check other post here with "check engine"
this seems to be a common occurence now.
is your VE about 130,000KM+ now?
it could be several things as suggested by other forum users that causes this -
I have the same issue...
ABS ,MAF or Wheel Speed sensors?
Throttle body?
Battery?
Loom fault?
Timing Chain?
Mechanics scanned my error faults and it came back with Wheel Speed Sensor fault, Altinator charge fault & Air Flow error.

I havent been able to pin point my problem yet but I will probably start with replacing battery, check looms and clean sensors...

Anyway hope this helps or gives you some direction forward...

Last edited:

ssv430hp

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ssv ute
I had a simular problem with the wiring loom that went over the dif to both real wheel speed sensors. The plug just in front of the off side rear wheel had a break in one of the wires. Maybe worth a check.

namboss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 Holden VE Commodore
I had a simular problem with the wiring loom that went over the dif to both real wheel speed sensors. The plug just in front of the off side rear wheel had a break in one of the wires. Maybe worth a check.

Did this fix your problem?

ssv430hp

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ssv ute
Yep. Replaced the loom took it for a drive and it cleared the fault itself

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
Hi I have a ve sv6 commodore and last week I was driving and it came up on the screen stability control off and I couldn't put it back on, then the next day it started saying contact dealer with a big x on the screen then it would come up check engine so I took it to the guy I got the service and he couldn't figure it out so I took it to Holden got a diagnostic test and it stated that it was the transmission and it felt like it when I drove it like it was having troubles going into gear but now it's only coming up with with stability turned off it's not having troubles going into gear it's not coming up with contact dealer and check engine anymore does anyone know what's going

..... And breathe!