Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

stock VE speaker tech details wanted

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
actually doesn't sound too bad, not after doof doof sound, did have a 12" floating in the boot (wanted the space back as I travel a bit) problem (if you can call it that) is because I was using just a 2 channel loc to feed the amp I am only inputting from one channel for the bass (might connect other channel and see), it has also changed where the sound is centralised, where as before I had the sound more so closer to me (with the bass coming from back so to speak) the sound is just behind me including the bass as the rear shelf speakers are also producing not just bass but higher frequencies as well (haven't played with the amp controls yet either) so will try them and see, going away for day or two so will let you know towards the weekend

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Just wondering whats the deepest door speaker you can use before you have to start adding spacers ? Thanks

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
Thanks, but to wire them to a 4ohm 2 channel amp, wire in series and bridge the amp would be correct

Technically, you shouldn't wire speakers in series. I'd be running each one on it's own channel at 2 ohm, same power to speakers, but no chance of back EMF, like in series wired speakers.

But if you're happy with it, keep it as it is :thumbsup:

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
Technically, you shouldn't wire speakers in series. I'd be running each one on it's own channel at 2 ohm, same power to speakers, but no chance of back EMF, like in series wired speakers.

But if you're happy with it, keep it as it is :thumbsup:

But he's got a 4 ohm amp. Can't a 2 ohm load damage the amp? Unless it's 2 ohm stable, but he didn't say that...

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
If it's stable at 4 ohm bridged, that means each channel individually is 2 ohm stable. Just look at the specs for any amp that does 4 ohm bridged, it'll have ratings for the individual channels at 4 ohm and 2 ohm, then the 4 ohm bridged rating.

For example;
Pioneer GM-A3602 - Continuous power output (RMS): 2 x 60W (4 Ω) or 1 x 180W (4Ω bridged) or 2 x 90 W (2 Ω)
Clarion XR2220 - Power @ 4-Ohm : 65W × 2, Power @ 2-Ohm : 95W × 2, Bridged @ 4-Ohm : 190W × 1
Kenwood KAC-PS527 - RMS Power @ 4 ohm 2 x 60W, RMS Power @ 2 ohm 2 x 75W, RMS Power @ 4 ohm 1 x 150W

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
fine tuning it at present to suit my music (ac/dc and similar) sounds good so far. Unfortunately don't know spec's on amp so went with common connections for 4ohm amp to 2 x 2ohm speakers, (amp and 12in) were in my old work ute when I bought it- now gone)