Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stupid car salesman experiences

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
500 bucks, that figure makes my blood boil, i once had a nice vk commodore berlina sleeper, had a strait 6 with a supercharger, fully rebuilt engine new big 3" mandrel bent exhaust, rebuilt manual valved traumatic tranny, big mags well 15 inch was big back then, new dropped suspention, tinted windows, race harnesses, new paint from the prang, in metalic green, it was immac new v8 radiator, all new belts and braided hoses, i use to polish vaccum it daily, and chaing the oil in it weekly, i even put a full sub woofer, amp tape deck, hehe stereo all through it, sony splits, all good stuff not that i used the stereo much, i spent so much time an dmoney doing it up, and i was selling it at the time, for about 5000 i think, back in the 90s, so my mother goes we will get a qoate to trade it in on a new car for them. so i said cant hurt. it even had an uprated alternator, to run my 300w air craft landing lights i used as driving lights, they were off my rally car and worht 500 bucks alone and i was never goign to sell them, was going to take them off! the car pretty much looked like a standard commodore from the outside.. except a pair of rally driving lights, a intercooler sticking out teh bottom, you could slightly see the drop tank, but it was black, not shiny and 3 inch exhaust pipe that would scare most people way. i had a wankers live sideways, die hard on the back window sticker, reminded my why i needed to rebuild the car..

my stupid mother comes out 5 minutes later with a smile and goes we got 500 dollars for it, i said no, but apparently she had already signed the paperwork, so the car was theres and anything attached to the car. man i was so so pissed off at that, the car dealer talked a good deal into them about how **** my car was.. crist it had a full tank of fuel in the long range 120l drop tank worth that! that will teach me for putting the car in her name to save on insurance...

my parents drove off in a new gt forrester... and i walked home in disgussed, pitty it was about 50km i walked north goldcoast, down to tweed heads, how ever far that was, took me all day and half the night.. but i didnt have the stereo face plate on, they were pissed off and tried to get me to return it, kept ringing me up, but i had left it at home, on that day, so it wasnt theirs.

my mother thought she was doing me a favor, since the car wasnt that good when i brought it for 3k, pranged it and fixed it, and i ahd been complaining about how much money i had put into it, it needed a new diff, again and i needed money for a 10 bolt salsbury or a ford 9" diff, and a new steering rack, again dont ask, and new tyres again you can guess why, how thirsty on fuel it was, leaded too but yeah, i had poured lots of money into that car, rebuilt it from a **** box to pristine sleeper for some fun, me and my mates would work on the thing constantly, had to rebuild the entire electricals, when the fuse box melted completely.

my parents then did buy me a brand new suzuki swift gti because of it though, to sort of make up for it after i explained what i did to teh car that they didnt really know about.. i intentially didnt tell them coz i was doing certern things with it, they didnt approve of..

500 bucks, if somebody offered that figure to me again id punch them in the nose..

Didn't you say your arm was broken? You must have started this reply yesterday...

BlackVT5.7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec 5.7
i use to polish vaccum it daily, and chaing the oil in it weekly

Weekly? Get the **** out of dodge

Come on, how are we suppose to take your seriously when you exagerate like this!!

Oh_Your_Blind

Green means 'Earth'!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY Executive

Mad-Biker

Reaction score
Members Ride
cbr600f4i
shoulder actually, i can still type with the keyboard on my lap, just cant move the shoulder at all..

once i supercharged it, i use to do it weekly, was concerned about wear and tear i use to use fairly moderate oil, we didnt have fully synthetic oils back then, so it wasnt that much, use to get 5l for 10 bucks..... mind you, i use to deliver pizzas on the side, so i did a fair few km

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
I have been looking for a vr/vs wagon for a few weeks now, came across a nice berlina wagon advertised on the trading post, They had dropped the price significantly from when i had seen it a week or two earlier (had a ridiculous price on it). Gave the bloke a ring and told him i wanted to inspect it that day, he said its not on the lot its offsite at boss' property too many cars on the lot, he said it will be there next day to look at... I said ok ill ring again tomorrow and come down.

Anyway i look at the car again on the net that night and they have put the price back up to the original price which was 2g more, so i was thinking wtf? Ring the next day, spoke to another salesman (the one who posted the ad) and he said no its still at his boss' property, (again, i was promised it would be there) so he rings his boss while i was on the phone to him, and ask's if he would do it for the reduced amount they had on it the day i first rang, he said yes, yadda yadda...

At this stage i'm still pretty keen, he goes well i can have it here tomorrow if you put down a $500 deposit on credit, I told him i dont have a credit card (i dont) and i could ask my dad, so i went and asked him and he wisely advised me to not put any money down until we looked and took it for a test drive. I told this to the saleman still on the phone, he goes, "ok thanks mate, bye" and hangs up. Wanker, His loss really plenty more cars out there.

the_trademarc

The Cult Of Personality
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Members Ride
E-Series 1 Clubsport R8
Julian Brady of Ferntree Gully Hyundai is notorious for doing that. If you don't tell him what he wants to hear, he hangs up on you.

Because I do work for Hyundai, I had a customer who he actually called a f**kwit, because she cancelled a Test Drive as her son was hurt at school and had to go to the hospital. She was making a complaint, obviously to us, but that was the worst one. There's been about 8 or 9 complaints against him specifically. I would love to meet him one day to see what a big tool he is.
Should set him up lol, then tell him I work for Hyundai.

Sh*t thing about those dealerships is as they are all franchised, so they are independently owned. And as it turns out, the dealer principal is actually his brother, and so he's not gonna take any action, and Hyundai Australia can't do anything because the dealer principal hasn't actually breached the TnC of the contract.

Like telecommunications, I have quite a low level of respect for dealerships, all bar two who have actually treated me like a human.

Mad-Biker

Reaction score
Members Ride
cbr600f4i
how do they make money when they treat customers like that, thought they are all ment to kiss ya arse into buying a car off them.

SILVR VP CALAIS

LEVENDI
Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Caprice Series 2
when i bought my car, the lady said to me " ohh these cars are classics now" ( a VP)
and im into old american classics, and i just looked at her and said "What?".

still bought the car though!!

faroogoo

SENTINEL
Reaction score
Members Ride
GMH
Around 3 years or so ago when i was looking for a Statesman i spotted a nice one in a yard,approached the salesman listened to his bs then asked if i could get the car independently inspected prior to any money changing hands,His reply was that they didnt allow inspectors onto theyre property due to insurance reasons & that theyre mechanic was top notch.

As you'd expect i didnt pursue further dealing with that yard.

Found the Statesman (still have it) at a near by yard & the salesman was a top bloke,was all for me getting it inspected & didnt even ask to see the report till i offered to show it to him.Only cause there was nothing wrong with the car exept front brakes being a little worn.But ended up getting it for a song lol.

So there are good sales people out there,just not easy to find though.