Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sub Box Enclosure

Which would you recommend??

• Standard Tight Bass

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Optimal Sound Quality - Flat Response

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • SPL Very Boomie - Loud

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters

Deutscher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota MR2
Ah crap!
So need to make the box longer. I wouldn't know which kind of wood he is using. The dimensions I gave were external. Ok, I need to do some more research to get this dimensions. Atleast I know my box woulda been to small and can change it before he starts making it.

Ok, can someone give me the length I would need? If I use 28cm High, 46cm Wide? With the two ports, each being 46cm long and 10cm wide. To get my 70.82L. In the manual it doesn't say if the Vol. includes the ports or not. If someone could get back to me with the length that would be fantastic!! I'm having so much difficulty doing this dimensions business!!

Last edited:

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
erm..dude, it needs to be 1.05 metres long. That will give you 130.5 Litres and take you down to 70 litres even once you take into account the volume of the ports. I can tell you that the Vb they said did not include the port volume.

Then the next concern if it you determine that it will fit into the space you have is to work out if you get physically get the box in through the trunk opening. I suggest making a cardboard cut out of the box and figure out how to maneuver it into place.

Deutscher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota MR2
erm..dude, it needs to be 1.05 metres long. That will give you 130.5 Litres and take you down to 70 litres even once you take into account the volume of the ports. I can tell you that the Vb they said did not include the port volume.

Then the next concern if it you determine that it will fit into the space you have is to work out if you get physically get the box in through the trunk opening. I suggest making a cardboard cut out of the box and figure out how to maneuver it into place.

Eeks, hehe 1.05 meters long ... is quite long XD I'm sure it will fit, I'll go measure up my boot in a sec, just at work at the moment.

What is the equasion you used?

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
lol, your not lucky dude...I didn't spend any time on an equation for ya ;) I just punched a few parameters you gave me into a box designing software....cuts my time in at least half for working these out. Considering I draw up 3-4 boxes a day during my busy season.

Deutscher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota MR2
lol, your not lucky dude...I didn't spend any time on an equation for ya ;) I just punched a few parameters you gave me into a box designing software....cuts my time in at least half for working these out. Considering I draw up 3-4 boxes a day during my busy season.

Ah k, well as long as its kinda close enough to what I need it's alright. Like I said, it's just a temporary box. As long as my box isn't gone do anything to my sub or anything. Read apparently if you got too small of ports it can damage the sub.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
news to me, but it could be possible but I don't see how. If its to smal then its more likely to start acting as a sealed box more then it will a vented box...to big of a port and you may as well have just mounted it on a single peice of wood and call it free air ;)

Deutscher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota MR2
news to me, but it could be possible but I don't see how. If its to smal then its more likely to start acting as a sealed box more then it will a vented box...to big of a port and you may as well have just mounted it on a single peice of wood and call it free air ;)

Haha, ok, I just read it somewhere. So what is your profession anyway?

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
lol, you haven't figured that one out yet?

Deutscher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota MR2
A sub box maker XD So you never heard of having too smalla ports to damage a speaker? Why does my manual say NOT to use a sealed box?

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
Yeah i should've done abit of research on this actual sub.....seems ported is the go, oh well atleast if you get it right it'll sound 10x better than any sealed box

(im a big fan of ported boxes!!)