Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Suggestions from Mechanics and others That Know a bit about Ecotec V6's.

Etch93

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 Commodore VU S Ute
I have a Holden 2001 Vu S-spack commodore , and was looking at improving the performance and curious as to what is the best / most affordable way to go , someone told me a maffless tune should get me around 15-20rkws but i dont know that well about it . would be interested if u have spare time to tell me your suggestions on what would be a good way to improve the performance of an Ecotec V6 ? any suggestions :)

Cheers Etch :)

MACE

Reaction score
Hey Etch,

There are heaps of mods which you can do to these engines :)

In regards to what mods to consider of the bat, that would depend on what you want out of your build and your budget.

If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers,
Steve

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
Yep, exhauts, rockers and intake are top of the list. Diff gears are commonly over looked too. Mafless tune? Forget about it. A MAF is always best utilised until it can no longer serve a purpose in my opinion so an off the shelf memcal may help after you've done a few mods

Jamiejamie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Ute 3.8 S
Etch i also have a vu and I got a manifold insulator, plenum spacer, CAI, 2.5inch cat back & corvette servo and that's made alot of difference. Get roller rockers, I haunt gotten around to them yet as well as the diff gears which as said are greatly over looked. You can't get a memcal tune for our model you'll have to get a flash tune but wouldn't worry bout that for a while. A shift kit would be good as well. All of this would roughly cost you about $2500.