Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V6 Peformance Parts

Discussion in 'Mace Engineering' started by MACE, Mar 30, 2009.

1. MACE

MACE Well-Known Member

HIGH RATIO ROLLER ROCKERS

High ratio (1.9:1) & ultra high ratio (1.98:1) roller rockers (stock ratio is 1.65:1) to suit EcoTec V6’s in both naturally aspirated and supercharged form (L36 and L67 engines). A very cost effective way to bump up the performance of your late model Commodore, by increasing valve lift thereby allowing your engine to breathe much more efficiently.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

COLD AIR INTAKE MANIFOLD INSULATORS

Manifold insulators are a thermal insulating spacer that mounts between your upper and lower intake manifold. Made from a heat blocking composite, our manifold insulators will increase power from your engine by keeping the intake cooler, and increase low end torque by increasing runner length. Available in both 12mm & 25mm thicknesses for the ecotec & 12mm for the alloytec. Increases low end power by at least 10%!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

CNC PRECISION PORTED THROTTLE BODY

CNC precision ported throttle body is enlarged to a final diameter of 70mm for VN-VR V6 & to a final diameter of 69mm for VS-VY, increasing maximum airflow by over 30%. Backed up by testing, gains of around 10 HP at the rear wheels are to be had if used in conjunction with extractors/exhaust and cold air intake. A greater power gain can be achieved if more mods have been undertaken such as a larger cam, supercharger etc…

[​IMG] [​IMG]

MASS AIRFLOW METERS

Installing a large MAF is a very cost effective way to bump up the performance of your late model commodore by significantly increasing air flow through the intake. Available in both 74mm and 85mm.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

PERFORMANCE PLENUM SPACER

A Plenum spacer is a special spacer that sits between your plenum cover and intake manifold. It's main purpose is to improve air distribution between cylinders by slowing down the air speed inside the plenum chamber. As a result there is less of a pressure drop inside the plenum chamber between cylinders, and less air momentum, resulting in better air distribution and power. Available in both 12mm & 25mm thickness.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

COLD AIR INTAKE ENCLOSURES

New generation cold air intake/boxes to suit Commodores VB-VZ and Statesmans from VN-VZ, which are a direct bolt on drop-in replacement for your existing air box assembly. The kits include an all new air box, airflow meter safe pod filter, along with mounting hardware required for complete installation.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. immortality

immortality Moderator Staff Member

Members Ride:
    HSV VS Senator, VX s2 Calais S/C
    Hi steve, do you have anything for the buick V6 engines?

3. Col74

Col74 Col74

Members Ride:
    VS Calais S2 V6
    HI there, I did a quick search but couldn't find an answer to this question.
    i'm running LPG Gas research carb set-up (yeah,yeah, BBQ etc) on an ecotec, pacey extractors + 2.5 exhaust and cold air intake. Just noticed on this forum that Mace produce a 12mm plennum insulator and a 25mm insulator. My question is what advantage is 25mm over 12mm? Extra tourque low down?

4. MACE

MACE Well-Known Member

Hey immortality,

We'll be releasing a set of higher ratio rockers to suit very soon ;)

Cheers
    Steve

5. MACE

MACE Well-Known Member

Hey Col74,

The 12mm manifold insulator give around 10% increase in low down torque, while the 25mm item give around 13% increase over a broader range.

Cheers
    Steve

6. SV62NV

SV62NV Scuba Steve

Members Ride:
    MY09 VE SV6
    hey steve just wondering with that cai for the vs that replaces the orginal air box, what type of gains are we looking at? just curious as i was thinking of getting one, cars a vs series 2 acclaim v6

Thanks, Shane

7. MACE

MACE Well-Known Member

Hey Shane,

In regards to gains you'd be looking at around the 5kw at the wheels mark+

Cheers
    Steve

8. SV62NV

SV62NV Scuba Steve

Members Ride:
    MY09 VE SV6
    alright no worries thanks for that steve, gimme bout 2 weeks and ill order one off ya :), to get one i just do a buy it now off ebay? btw ill prob come pick it up

9. andyman

andyman The Only 6sp VZ Wagon

Members Ride:
    2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
    hey steve, welcome to the forums,

onto an area that hasnt been explored much yet, what happening in the way of alloytec modifications?

i know you have the manifold spacers, but is there anything else on the design wall at the moment?

cheers
    Andrew

10. MACE

MACE Well-Known Member

No a worry. In regards to purchasing the product we're easy ;)

11. MACE

MACE Well-Known Member

Hey Andrew,

In regards to alloytec development the only thing else we have besides the manifold insulators is a replacement cold air intake to suit VZ commodores.

There are a few areas to improve the alloytec that we'll be looking into however at the moment we have other developments that we need to finish off first :(

12. Dan VS 231

Dan VS 231 New Member

Members Ride:
    VZ Senator
    Gday Mace and welcome to JC. Recently I have been considering purchasing some spacers for my Ecotec. However I do want to keep the engine cover on and keep that below my strut brace. Im not sure of actual measurments but I would think that both in full size (25mm) would bring the height up a little far. If that is the case would it be better to go for one only in full size (Im leaning toward the plenum spacer) or both in the smaller versions?

Having said that the gains that are mentioned wouldnt be so much in the kw as delivery of the power of the engine already. Am I right to think that and would the low end gains from the spacers be offset at any point in the powerband of the engine. I would like some more down low and a plenum spacer should apparently do that for me.

Cheers for the reply in advance.

13. vxcalais_01

vxcalais_01 Active Member

Members Ride:
    VX Calais 3.8
    Mace, when your heads and rockers package comes out one day, what size extractors would yo recommend as i am going to install some soon, for example Pacemaker have 3 primary sizes option, 1 1/2. 1 5/8. or 1 3/4 ? Qouls 1.5 be sufficient ?

14. MACE

MACE Well-Known Member

Hi Dan,

Thanks for warm welcome :)

In regards to the spacers given that you have a VS and still want to keep the engine cover, from experience you’ll only be able to install a single 12mm spacer, in which case would recommend the 12mm manifold insulator. In saying this though it would be best if you measured how much spacer you have because strut tower brace designs vary, in which case you may even be able to fit a 25mm manifold insulator. If you had even more room then a 12mm plenum spacer works well. If you were running boost then I would recommend the 25mm item.

In regards to power gains you’d be looking at a fair amount down low (hence the 10-13% increase in torque) plus a small increase top end. We have not found a reduction in power with the spacers fitted only gains across the board, hence the reason why we’ve found them to knock off around .2 to .3 seconds of the 1/4 mile time. If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers
    Steve

15. MACE

MACE Well-Known Member

Hey vxcalais_01,

If you don't intend on going down the boost path anytime soon I would recommend the 1 5/8 as they are a good all rounder, with respect to outright power and low end drivability :)

Cheers
    Steve

16. vxcalais_01

vxcalais_01 Active Member

Members Ride:
    VX Calais 3.8
    Mace,

Col74 and I are both on LPG, do we need a retune(possibility of leaning) with the 12mm spacer ?

Thanks.

P.S I think these spacers for plenum and manifold would both help with some low down lost from bigger exhausts/extractors etc.....

17. MACE

MACE Well-Known Member

We recommend they to, as every car is different, however in many cases they don't. These spacers work on even a dead standard car and are more effective (noticeable) on the later model cars because they are usually heavier. In saying this though take either to the track (VS or VY) and you'll shave about .2 to .3 seconds off the 1/4 mile time from our own experience and feedback from other customers.

Cheers
    Steve

18. Archers

Archers New Member

Members Ride:
    Ve Calais V 6ltr
    hey steve how u goin? the spacers are goin great mate and im lovin the extra kick down low!! im interested in COLD AIR INTAKE ENCLOSURES for the vz also, do i need to drill or make holes? or will it slot into the original holes? if u could send me the fitting instructions that would be great thanxs scott

19. MACE

MACE Well-Known Member

Hey Scott,

Just recovering at the moment after eating too many easter eggs LOL :D

In regards to the alloytec enclosures there is no need to drill into the body work as they are a bolt on affair. Fitting instructions for this airbox will be written up sometime over the coming weeks.

Cheers
    Steve

20. Archers

Archers New Member

Members Ride:
    Ve Calais V 6ltr
    thanxs mate when u get the instructions done i will get a set off ya m8 thanxs scott