Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sup3rst4r's 2011 my11 ve ssv heron ute

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 MY11 Holden VE SSV Ute
Update time for whoever still reads these. It'll be picture heavy as well.

So I ended up ordering a set of the Neo Chrome Hella Horns from Sickspeed on eBay. Again they aren't to everyone's tastes but that's ok.

First of all rather than pull the whole bar off I just popped the grille out.

Originally I planned to mount them off the bolts holding the bonnet release in. However I found that they sat at different heights and then when I sat the grille back in the horns were hidden behind the badge. I decided to get tricky and mount them using some spare holes in the reo bar. This mounted them pretty neatly between the badge and side of the grille.

Now these are for more than just looks so I also got the proper wiring harness that uses a relay and taps onto a constant positive and horn positive to give the horns full power.

I haven't given them a proper honk yet but after a couple quick toots they are really loud and 'bright' so to say.

By this time it was getting a bit too dark to take photos so I only have an average one. I'll get some more tomorrow in the sunlight. They are noticeable in the day but not so much that it's in your face. I think being a white car it is possible to have a few splashes of colour without it being too much.

More to be continued next post

Last edited:

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
Part 2

I ordered some quality tyre stickers from an American website recently and finally had a warm enough weekend to start installing them. I know a lot of people have used the tyre writing pens from auto shops but I feel like the lettering is to small and disproportional and from a distance isn't readable. These are made of of quality thick two layered and coloured rubber and is stuck on with a special glue designed for rubber that can flex with it.

I have had them for a while but needed to wait until a warmer weekend for the glue to stick properly. I had to work this morning so got cracking on them in the arvo but only managed to get the passenger side wheels finished, I'll get the drivers side finished in the morning.

Unfortunately I don't have any process pictures so will make sure to get some tomorrow. I do however have a few finished photos.

Front:

Rear:

Rear quarter:

And a nice little shot showing the wide 275 tyres and deep concave that my Vossens have:

A while back I also picked up one of the centre appliques of a Club VE seller. Just went with the simple SSV and fits really nicely.

I also went on the hunt for some HSV headers and cats so that I could get a bit more noise out of my exhaust without getting a tune and just until I can afford to get the full exhaust I want. After seeing sellers on eBay wanting up to $500 for them I wasn't very hopeful until someone on Club VE put up a set for $200. Managed to get them for $230 delivered to my work. Bargain if you ask me.

Pulled them apart so I can give them a lick of flat black paint tomorrow before they get installed.

Also came with the oxy sensors in good nick. Bonus!

Keep posted for more updates, hopefully within the next few days.

Thanks again for looking, as always all inputs are appreciated :)

Last edited:

Tommo_27

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Looks good mate. I really like your wheels and the tyre stickers look great.

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nice work mate, looking good. The Invos are perfect for the tyre stickers too, very clean sidewall.

Gaiter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder
Nice ute!

Those tyre stickers, come with a predetermined wording or can choose what it says? Would want to put these on brand new tyres too I guess, save doing it again once rubber gets placed.

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
Looks good mate. I really like your wheels and the tyre stickers look great.

Cheers mate

Nice work mate, looking good. The Invos are perfect for the tyre stickers too, very clean sidewall.

Cheers bud. I agree, and the font of the Nitto Invo looks awesome to I think.

Damn that looks good!

Thanks mate!

Nice ute!

Those tyre stickers, come with a predetermined wording or can choose what it says? Would want to put these on brand new tyres too I guess, save doing it again once rubber gets placed.

Thank bud, you can choose a predetermined font to match your tyre or you can order custom writing to say whatever you want.

I ran out of time Sunday to finish the stickers so will post a more detailed how to on them when I finish them. Luckily I have another ute to daily around now so this just sits in the garage throughout the week.

BlackPhoenix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 SV6
I'm actually a big fan of those horns!! It's subtle but yet at the same time really pops out when you notice it. Makes me want to do the same :idea3: