Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Supercharging

4ag-kp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY maloo r8
Ordered a vcm surge tank and two 044 Bosch pumps that should be well capable for my set up.
I'm still unsure of what kind of fuel pressure reg i should use. Also does it matter if you use an6 or an8 fittings.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
6AN or 8AN will be fine, 8AN is half inch, just depends what size u want, just get a good reg that has vac/boost referenced at 1:1 ratio encase u go that way Fuelab are good

4ag-kp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY maloo r8
Thanks mate ya ive seen fuelab ones mentioned a few times.
There's not much info on the net about fuel systems or else im totally looking in the wrong places.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
if ur doing twin 044 could do 8AN feed line and then 6AN return, i run the fuelab reg on mine all good so far

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
180 pounds is expensive there should be some good priced aussie ones, even vcm has them for $238 just get the inlet and outlet sizes u want

4ag-kp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY maloo r8
Ill have a look there an see wat they have.
The complete vcm set up, surge tank,twin 044,and reg isnt badly priced either for the whole lot.

4ag-kp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY maloo r8
Vcm swirl pot and fuel reg arrived today, I'm getting close :w00t:

Another quick question for you guys, The mouth of the supercharger is 100mm and i think the standard ls1 throttle body is 75mm. The kit did come with an adapter plate but seems to me like it would be very restrictive.
Would there be much gains from a 100mm t/b or just go wit the standard ls1 t/b..

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Put a 100mm throttle body on it.

I personally would have gone the bigger charger myself, you could limit the boost and make it same (even though on stock boost it would have been) either way you'll have fun very soon.
I was tossing up weather to go the 2300 or 1900 myself, I've ended up going turbocharged & have just got (yesterday) my VCM surge tank and fuelab FPR as well haha.

4ag-kp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY maloo r8
Put a 100mm throttle body on it.

I personally would have gone the bigger charger myself, you could limit the boost and make it same (even though on stock boost it would have been) either way you'll have fun very soon.
I was tossing up weather to go the 2300 or 1900 myself, I've ended up going turbocharged & have just got (yesterday) my VCM surge tank and fuelab FPR as well haha.

I had the same toss up my self weather to go 2300 or 1900. If i was living in oz i probably would have went 2300 but i have the ute in Ireland so i went for the safer option.
Maybe in time ill put heads on it but the 1900 will do for now it will still be the only supercharged ute in Ireland..
Can you recommend a 100mm t/b direct bolt on for the magnusom.