Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SV6 VE Mods/Add-ons for more KW's, what have you done?

Michael-08-VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve commodore
It's about attitude really, everyone capable of being a wanker on the road. It's just a shame that the younger generations seem to think they're invincible and/or know better and seem to show less restraint compared to some older people. Not saying all P-platers either, and I know each gen has had it's fair share of wankers.

I could easily go take some video of some current local car gatherings and show that most of the people who decide to show off/be wankers are in fact P-platers. And i'm not talking about someone giving there car a bit of throttle, it's the idiots who decide they gotta be known or out do the last. Perhaps if some people could lose their attitudes then things wouldn't seem as though you're being targeted or labelled as hoons. It annoys me cause this stupid behaviour ends up labelling us all. Not just the P-plater.

Couldn't agree more yeah there are tons of p platers that like to think fully sick turning with throttle is skill but not all do paying attention and using your brain is probably the safest thing I could advise to any driver be it a teen or a veteran driver

Glenn D.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv 6 z-series
Have a z-series sv6 auto,love it can anyone suggest top three engine mod's and wich to start with,
love the car it's my baby(except for the radio reception)

Michael-08-VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve commodore
Twin charge,
Run it on meth
Tune :) if your wealthy

Or realistically intake
Full exhaust system
Mace cams (if they are available)
25% under drive pulley
Mace custom tune.

But it's how you want it really we could all list mods all day but would YOU think it's worth the time and money?

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
If it is MY12 (LFX) then ethanol e85 has same benefit as running meth.
OTR and tune: Ask experienced EFIlive tuner to flash the 241kW Camaro base tune and add ethanol (flex) tables from stock tune.
Mace has cams for the late VE and VF to punch over 205rwkw, just add more octane as above to raise the stakes into stock V8 territory.

Last edited:

Utelife

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sv6 ve
You got bagged out because your original question asked what Performance Enhancing Modifications can you do to your car, regardless of being Illegal, and wanting one's that won't be seen. There is herp a derp right there mate, if your going to modify your car, chances are something will be illegal in some way shape or form, it's a given. But you want yours so that you can get around your license requirements when for once, the Government introduced a law that point blankly stated itself 'NO PERFORMANCE ENHANCING MODIFICATIONS'

Go ahead and modify your car so it's more powerful mate, by all means. But don't feed us the bullshit about wanting it to be hidden and to get around your license requirements. Modify your car? Be prepared to accept the consequences, primarily due to your license conditions. We've had a million and 1 kids come here and ask the same question, and they cop the same flak as you just did.

Get an exemption when you don't need one? Yeah go ahead and dodge the system, you get caught, you get ####ed.

I disagree with the laws, but you got to deal with them mate, unless your writing letter to your MP about why they're a bad law. Just sit back and deal with it.

/End Rant.
Bar what this kid is saying witch I'm on your side with I do have an sv6 Ve ute that I'm trying to get a little more juice out of as going up too 6.1L v8 just isn't feasible for me because of the amount of driving I do for work. And being able to squeeze a bit more out of it will save me from just giving in and going up too the v8 any suggestions?

H

harrop.senator

Holy thread dig batman...

If youre worried about a v8 due to fuel reasons with all your work driving the modern ones are surprisingly effecient . Like barely less effecient then a v6 .

Matty Johno

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sv6 wagon
How ####ing hard is it to get this part through the head of P - Plate drivers? Im sure there was an eye test when i got my license, so i know it's not through blindness that they're not seeing this part of the rules. Maybe common sense and comprehension arent being taught anymore in our school systems?

I mean...god damn, how hard is it to read that sentence and understand what it means? Every ####ing week some retard hops on here herp derping about what they can do to there car, while getting around the law.
That was the initial law until they introduced the law where p platers are allowed to drive any car with 130kw per tone or less, hence why p platers are allowed to drive 5.0 litre club sports and other cars now. So maybe get your facts right rather than trying to act like you know everything about the law?? Lmao

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
That was the initial law until they introduced the law where p platers are allowed to drive any car with 130kw per tone or less, hence why p platers are allowed to drive 5.0 litre club sports and other cars now. So maybe get your facts right rather than trying to act like you know everything about the law?? Lmao

Oh im sorry, did i not go back and edit a reply that i made 6 years ago which was 100% correct at the time?

Looks like they're still not teaching kids how to read properly.

Xplaya

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV
LOL @ quoting a 6 year old post and correcting it with new law's

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6

I can foresee you being a highly respected forum member for many years to come.
Especially with such a positive attitude and such superior knowledge under your belt.

Last edited: