Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tell Us Your Dodgy Stories or Prices You Been quoted/had to Pay for your vehicle...

Wogboy1994

Rough
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
When i owned my 300zx i took it to one of those places for a safety check, they took the wheels off and did their thing and then informed me the suspension was leaking, got home and tried to take the wheel off to verify this and they had cross-threaded a wheelnut, took the car back and they said they would fix it for $140, told em to eff off and fix the car, came back picked up the car and flipped them the bird when they gave me the bill, grabbed my keys and drove off...

What did they do about it lol

I'm sorry but quiet a few of these stories look like 1 sided, sugar coated stories to me. Some of them seam to be missing things.

i agree ... wheres the violence?

fuzzy2308

Reaction score
Members Ride
Plastic datsun
I payed $700 for a car worth 4-6k and $200 to get it a rwc if that helps

UW1SH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5speed With ecotec conversion
Dont see the harm in this thread… I see the harm in mechanics ripping innocent people off especially when they are already struggling with home bills.. Also hate seeing mechanics take advantage of girls… My mother went into kmart tyre and auto got charged $700 to change thermostat housing on a toyota avalon.. Went to the mechanics got it fixed only to come home and discover there was a little hole in the radiator (which wasnt there beforehand.)

yxyx64

Reaction score
Members Ride
Kia turbo + Holden badge, Chev badge in Texas
There will be no carbon tax in any government I lead. That is a dodgy story right there.

yxyx64

Reaction score
Members Ride
I must fly to South America to talk to other people about producing less CO2. And then I will fly home.

A nice tax about producing less CO2 should help pay for my flight.

Probably just tax all those people who do not produce CO2 cause they already do not fly around the world just to talk to other people. Yeah, thats it.

yxyx64

Reaction score
Members Ride
No, no, no.....

you misunderstand.

I HAVE to fly around the world so I can discuss how to reduce the numbers of people flying around the world.

yxyx64

Reaction score
Members Ride
What...by myself ?

no point taking this great big plane if it was empty........that would be wasteful.

We have to go there to talk about people flying around the world.

fuzzy2308

Reaction score
Members Ride
Plastic datsun
I must fly to South America to talk to other people about producing less CO2. And then I will fly home.

A nice tax about producing less CO2 should help pay for my flight.

Probably just tax all those people who do not produce CO2 cause they already do not fly around the world just to talk to other people. Yeah, thats it.

No, no, no.....

you misunderstand.

I HAVE to fly around the world so I can discuss how to reduce the numbers of people flying around the world.

What...by myself ?

no point taking this great big plane if it was empty........that would be wasteful.

We have to go there to talk about people flying around the world.

Who you talkin to bud