Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Thanks.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvoVIIIJDM

Got Evo?
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Evo VIII JDM
Bax said:
Can I turn this one off too?

Yes, can we turn this feature off we could with rep points?

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
You only have to look through this thread to see its being abused already.

Infus10n

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Captiva (Work Demo)
I dislike that idea Julie. I rather the rep system. This thanks thing is crap imo.

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
Can't we have a Rep System NON Anonymous?
Rep System is still highly preffered IMO.

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
Its been discussed b4, the rep system can not be anonymous. I'd only like to see the rep system back if it was disabled in areas like the pub, jokes and shoutout. That pissed me off when I seen morons racking up each others rep in shoutout.

Get rid of it altogether as far as I'm concerned, if I want to say thanks to someone for a post I thank them in the thread of by pm.

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
Just make it if anonamous rep is left it will be removed. But it will probably be too much work for the mods to enforce so let the users tell the mods when this happens. The rep system can't be made to show who left it to members, only the mods and admin can see this.

The rep system was better for weeding out the "tards" as you call them, I abused the rep system once and I got a warning for it and will not be doing it again.

For those who don't know what I did.... I left racist offensive rep to a "tard"

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
My rant begins.

The rep system could have worked, it just needed moderation, someone needed to be brought in and not been a nancy and deleted a lot of reps, hell, invite me in as a mod. I will gladly delete all rep's left that aren't necessary.

The concept in my opinion isn't necessary, nobody needs to have 1000 rep points or 1000 thanks. Is it just to make people feel good about themselves or is there a valid reason to it.
People leave tonnes of good advice on this forum each and every day, and noone really receives much thanks for it. If somebody has made a good post, then good on them- everybody knows it by reading it- and if they really want too then they can say Thanks for that post, it helped heaps.

But its not working, and because of that reason, is why I think it’s a load of sh*t. People are getting thanked for nothing, the same as people were getting rep points for nothing. People are leaving thanks for someone saying a three sentence, I agree with that, type thing. It's just getting misused, maybe it needs to be explained.

Rep Points and Thanks: Need to be left for a valid reason, if the user has left a post in a thread that is of benefit to you or would be to others in helping solve a problem with your car, then leave a thanks.

Times not to use Reps/Thanks: When somebody has an opinion similar to yours, when somebody said something funny etc.

Just like this post, even though I'm sure a lot of people would agree with me, I would not expect Thanks, simply because I don't think this particular post helped anyone.

On the other hand if I posted a technical article on how to do auto to manual changeover, I'd expect thanks.

Sorry if I'm repeating myself, which I am. But its the kind of point that I have to get across.

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
I agree with that bax, but just on the moderation side, it would take a LOT of time to delete all the unnecessary rep, judging from what I saw with rep at least 90% of it shouldn't have been there. For us mods its not that we are nancys who don't want to delete rep, its just we don't have enough time to spare.

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
12Voltking said:
Now look at you snivelling little bitches. Complaining again.

Julie said:
Good to see the same morons who ruined the rep system are already starting to ruin this new system. Good work fuktards :clapping:

Julie said:
I propose something entirely different since there is essentially nothing wrong with either the rep or thanks sytem, just the tards who ruin it I think do something that the tards can't abuse.

someone correct me if i'm wrong
but wouldn't calling people "snivelling little bitches" "fuktards" or even "tards" go against the rules?

or is it because mods say it then it's ok?

on topic get rid of both systems then there is nothing to complain about as far as this topic is concerned.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
Im up for deleting the lot! Whats wrong with a post saying, Thanks! That helped heaps! or even a PM? I have lots of these over my time on numerous forums, & I think it works just fine....

Im also up for admin adding Tech titles etc to worthy members... yes I realise another forum is doin this.... but I feel that it can work here also.

D.

Status
Not open for further replies.