Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Thanks.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
ok,
the original reason we brought in the rep system was to see what members were valued, and who where absolute toss pots and didnt know what end of a screw driver to use. then it got out of hand. now, before the rep system was abused by members i looked at who was giving who rep's and stuff each day for a 3 week period. well, im sorry to say but the people who abused the system are also posting in this thread (not all of you)

you have a choice. the rep system, which will remain anonymous, or the thanks system. (which isnt anonymous)

either way, take your case to [email protected] that way we have a official request. no-more polls, no more voting, you express whether you want the rep or thanks system

does that sound fair?
either way, make your bloody minds up, not gonna keep chopping and changing things becuase someone gets bad rep for something they said or did. and have a sook,

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
minux said:
hell i even gave rep to zoist on his religious stuff even though i didnt agree, he made good points etc etc

Damn I must have missed seeing that! Can you give me that rep point again please? Oh maybe the religion thread should be re-opened. I am feeling a bit dry atm and need to juice up a bit. :D

Blair_355

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn commodore
I think this is fine if you can make it so a short message can be left.
Because some posts are long and answer more ten 1 question so i think it would be good to have the chance to say "Thanks Tom for helping me find the correct procedure to remove my stock stereo in my vn."

Also everyone chill a bit the reason i was thanking everyone was to show how easily it is abused if i had to type a reason im thanking each person i would of given up after 1 or 2. And you better fkn not try blame me for abusing the old rep system as i never gave anyone possitive or negative rep.

It seams a mod can have a foul attitude so i will if i want.

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
Well this was a top idea :b: We can safely scrub this one off.

So that leaves the choice of the 'Rep' system or nothing and this is never going to work.

I don't care eitherway, I would rather have nothing at all but at the same time it highlights those users who are both helpful and annoying.

The choice is in your court guys.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I say go back to rep system, surely you can generate the script so it leaves the user name beside a comment? If not, then people will just have to deal with anonymous comments. I think its better because it does show the helpful and the annoying so well :)

EvoVIIIJDM

Got Evo?
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Evo VIII JDM
Shounak said:
I must say, at least it will get rid of these stupid "Leave me rep" sigs..

yeah now we will see alot more "give thanks" and "like what i say, pay thanks" sigs!!:rofl:

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Can I turn this one off too?

Blair_355

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn commodore
I think with what others are saying where you should try get it so the old system leaves members names there aswell people might respect it a bit more and not go around giving every negative rep as it will show who it is and they might not want to do it if it is known who is doing it.

I wonder if i could of got anmore 2 letter words in there ;)

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
I propose something entirely different since there is essentially nothing wrong with either the rep or thanks sytem, just the tards who ruin it I think do something that the tards can't abuse.

Maybe have a special title type thing like MVP- most valueable person, or technical poster or something like that. Anyway start it out so only admin/mod can give these ppl the title, then move them into a seperate usergroup and when they attain that title they are deemed worthy and then able to pick other MVPs. That way it gets all the good ppls involved and the tards are left out :)

Blair_355

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn commodore
That wont really work they way you think it will.
Do you think all the "tards" as you put it are only friends of other "tards" ?
I think it will just end up with a big group of mates as your special members, and it seems you have spent too much time looking at the idea's over at Street Commodores.

Status
Not open for further replies.