Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

the most ridiculous thing i've heard from a dealer! Felt offended...

fergo84

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS
Interior squeaks and rattles are technically covered until 3,000km (source: I process Holden warranty claims for a living). However, I wouldn't consider it interior squeaks and rattles if it's a metal/metal noise in the pillar (I'd have to hear it to be one way or the other). I'd take it to another dealer, and ask for it to be disassembled and inspected - however if it is a result of a trim/trim clip (remember some clips are metal for trim) issue then be prepared to pay for it as Holden won't.

Is that the dealership you purchased the vehicle from? We occasionally do that sort of work outside warranty and write it off in the interest of keeping the customer happy if they bought from us and are likely to service in our workshop.

thanks for the info. n to answer your question. Yes. i bought my car there hence i send it back to the same place for them to rectify the problem.

n i wouldn't mind paying if it solves the problem. the problem is the way the service manager told me that theres nothing they can do. which i thought was ridiculous. furthermore, the same problem was rectified in other states of australia.

GH05T

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
if your unsure or if you feel like your not being treated fairly or properly, contact holdens resolution department and talk to them, they will likley talk to the dealer and push for a resolution.
this also means for the dealer if they have to spend dollars on chasing holdens proble, they will get funding to do so.
also means they will want to get it fixe dso you and holden are out of there hair.

SavVYute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S V6 Ute Series II 2004
Probably why the previous owner traded the car so early....cheesed off because no one could fix the rattle.
:hmmm:

Often a rattle appearing to be coming from the pillar is actually channeling the sound from something loose or touching under the car.
If you don't have much success with the dealers, try an exhaust shop. Those guys seem to have a good ear.
Right NAAF?:)

Trewman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
I've still got door trim rattles have had since brand new. Been back in 4 times and still rattles. They have now told me They are being nice to me still fixing them considering im over 3000km even thought the rattles have been there from the very start.

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
But wait.. isn't the seat belt assembly rattle a common problem? There should be a well known fix for it.

It should have been fixed no questions asked. I can't believe his response. I'd elevate it to Holden Customer Service.

fergo84

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS
Ive contacted Holden Customer Service. All i got was to go to another dealer. That was it...

RayLamp

Gone Fishin'...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline and LTZ RG Colorado
Holden customer service should log a job and get a job number. They then wouldnt let up until it is solved. This happened to me recently with 2 other cars, one well out of warranty.

Call holden customer service back and ask for this.

duaned

Reaction score
Members Ride
M6 Red Hot MSE
I've still got door trim rattles have had since brand new. Been back in 4 times and still rattles. They have now told me They are being nice to me still fixing them considering im over 3000km even thought the rattles have been there from the very start.

Funny, didn't you type a post recently that stated your car is now "as it should have been and better than new" somewhere on this forum? It's without question its a matter of "when" not "if" a Holden Commodore has rattles. Mines good, at the moment!

fergo84

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS
Holden customer service should log a job and get a job number. They then wouldnt let up until it is solved. This happened to me recently with 2 other cars, one well out of warranty.

Call holden customer service back and ask for this.

i think i will try going to another dealer and see if they can solve the issue. if they can't, den i'll try what you suggest. thanks anyway.

i just want the rattle to go away without having to create too much chaos... like i mention in my earlier post... the worse that can happen is when i piss them off, they start doing funky stuff to my car and i'll never know.

i gotta condemn this dealer after this experience. on top of what I've mentioned, they scratch my tints (thankfully they replaced it), the interior was filled with dust all over (literally a layer on the dash), left the carton box sheets in the car, tons of scratches to the door panel access cover, tires have brown stains all over (seem like they went off road)

with one experience like this, I'm never going back!