Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Random Thread

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Quick query....What is the best weed killer to use to get rid of 3 corner jacks...Also known as calthrop, bindiis and probably other names...

Bought a block of land and it's full of them, so want kill everything off so I start with a bare block......Cost for the weed killer isn't a great concern...

I've supplied a picture for people to see, so we are on the same page :)

1710559500936.png

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Cheap glyphosate will work. Then use a push mower a few weeks later on the lowest setting with a catcher to try and pick a many up as you can.
In the end you will likely need the block scraped with a bobcat to get it clean.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
So they can sprout up to 7years later. Roundup etc can kill th4 plant but that leaves the seeds or prickles.

A bit rubber or carpet roller behind a tractor is the best way to pick them up as best as possible. Will take a few passes to get majority.

From there regular walk throughs to shovel/cut any plants that have sprouted.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Congratulations on the block, what town is it, if you don't mind me asking?

OldBomb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
As mentioned, there's probably a seed somewhere deep inside that nasty exterior.

OldBomb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Watching these poor bastards being dragged to IKEA, Bunnings or the local nursery on a Saturday morning is pretty funny.

Last edited:

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
Quick query....What is the best weed killer to use to get rid of 3 corner jacks...Also known as calthrop, bindiis and probably other names...

Bought a block of land and it's full of them, so want kill everything off so I start with a bare block......Cost for the weed killer isn't a great concern...

I've supplied a picture for people to see, so we are on the same page :)

View attachment 265435
not much will kill them they are like sealed up in there until they feel like growing, u usually have to dig them up and remove them, or burn them all to hell, unless someone targets them with a weed killer same as the creepers we got them and they have a wax based coating on the leaves so spraying them does nothing u have to get past the skin layer somehow

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
not much will kill them they are like sealed up in there until they feel like growing, u usually have to dig them up and remove them, or burn them all to hell, unless someone targets them with a weed killer same as the creepers we got them and they have a wax based coating on the leaves so spraying them does nothing u have to get past the skin layer somehow

Will be happy with a weed killer...Even if I end up with a bare block, it doesn't phase me....Saves me mowing it quickly, or even getting a mate that lives 30k away putting a sheep or goat on the block to mow it down... :)