Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Random Thread

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Parents who bury children. That's the real tragedy as I see it. As a parent if I bury mine first as I've helped bury grandparents, well, I can cope with that. It's the natural order. The reverse is not something I'm sure people ever successfully live with. It's just not right.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I too feel your pain. I lost my uncle last year to cancer as well as my grandmother a few years before. Both were long drawn out affairs and it's gut wrenching to see how cancer can reduce a person to almost nothing.

Both my mother as well as my mother in-law have survived breast cancer, more than a couple of my parters aunties have been lost to cancer and at this stage it's would be a statistical miracle if my parter doesn't one day suffer the same diagnosis.

It's a shame, because I really like her boobs (trying to lighten the mood just a little as I type this with a tear in my eye......)

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Well this got morbid awful quick didn't it?

I also like your missus boobs Immortality, because they're boobs. You get her to stay all over that, BRCA1/2 testing and if necessary voluntary mastectomies early in the piece can offer results no one would complain (much) about. Sounds awful I know but the alternatives are unspeakable and most of all - often preventable.

I've been begrudgingly letting a quack put a finger or two and a biopsy probe up my arse for the last few years. Mostly because I saw a toilet full of blood once. That's not going to be me. I don't care if it means I have to insert a pineapple.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Yes I would like to the first to pass away not go to my kids or grandkids funeral

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
I don't dwell in misery, nor do I sit here crying buckets. Our family does have a wonderful sense of humour, Dad said when he found out "always look on the bright side of life......" (Yes we are huge python fans.)

So let's move on from this and be random.

It's Friday, I have a beer and wondering what my partner and I will do this weekend. We both love photography so will no doubt find something to shoot.

Then the following weekend... Clipsal, YAY. 4 days of sitting in the Brock Stand watching the cars zoom past and capturing good shots.

Kinng

CrippleFK
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 SV6
Im off to do the 1kg steack challenge tonight!

skappascrap

Herp is for the derp.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 VY SV8
This weekend I'm going to see Dave Chappelle, suck it to anyone who didn't get a ticket in time :p
Following weekend I've got a wedding!

Im off to do the 1kg steack challenge tonight!
Christ dude, good luck!
I've done a 600g schnitzel challenge once, I'm only a small guy so I sure as hell struggled lol.
Day after I smashed down a 400g Scotch Fillet steak with ease, poor porcelain bowl was never the same shade of white after passing those bad boys..

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
This weekend my local running club is holding a running festival. On Sat arvo there is a 2km kids event, Sunday Morning 6:30am is a half and full marathon (did the full marathon last year in 4h 9m), at 10am (I think) is a 10km event (That I am entered in), and then at 11:30 there is the 5Km event that encompasses the schools, business and sporting challenge. I have been on the organising committee, I organised some refreshments, and also was responsible for flogging the business challenge to local businesses. We actually get a few overseas entrants in, and entered in the 10k event is a past 10k national champion and Sydney City to Surf winner.

I haven't done an eating challenge yet, but considering in the past I suffered from Binge Eating Disorder I reckon I could make a go of one.... ;) lol

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
When you cut yourself while working on the car and you put bandage on it, and the adhesive on the bandage just won't cut it, electrical tape does. That is all.

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
Ballarat swap meet. Wow. Enough said.