Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The SC14 Supercharger Thread

haydosbrah

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt sc14 charged
still having trouble with my car, will start fine cold and drive fine but as soon as its warm it wont start unless I have full throttle and then have to rev it for awhile to get it to idle fine as doing that it blows heaps of smoke then once idling no smoke and is fine, ive changed AFM, inlet manifold gaskets, what else could it be? giving me the shits.. any help would be great thanks

haydosbrah

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt sc14 charged
also what chip should I get for the computer, im going to be running l67 injectors

firebug454

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYSS
That's not how a blow off valve works.

What a helpful post...

We increased the spring pressure in the said acquired BOV and it worked a treat. Also more demand on the engine saw it snapping shut nicely. We had an annoying whistling coming from the BOV at idle but that was expected. We are going to revisit putting the TB in front of the charger again. I will probably have to dismantle the headlight and just mount the glass front back in there to give me more room for the TB and associated pipework to the cold air intake.

We took it out to a hillclimb event on the weekend and I'm happy to say it went like stink. No chance of traction when on the gas even with track tyres on. It was running a little rich but we were also expecting that too. A wideband sensor and some data logging and we will sort that out.

We had charger belt issues though. We need to look at the belt alignment to see why it is walking over the front of the pulleys. We shredded the first one, but caught the second one in time before the edge of the pulley buggered it.

The whine from this little charger though is insane. Very happy... :D

Black superman

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VY Sedan (man)
Bolting the sc14 to ecotec a little project :) dunno why people find/found it so hard to make there own brackets ?

kilebantick

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VN Calais 1989
Hey guys.

Just confirming that the vac hoses off of the SC14 should be going onto my throttlebody for vacuum?

Cheers, any and all help is massively appreciated!

Last edited:

kilebantick

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VN Calais 1989
The installation is all done, running fine. Still don't know what those 3 pipes coming off the charger are for or where to run them too. Hope I'm not breaking stuff o_o

chrismoddy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 5.7 M6 and VT-S L67 M5
Hi Guys Im new to this site and I've found this thread very helpful so cheers to everyone thats added their input its been a good read lol. Im going to be bolting the good old SC14 onto my VT-S manual just for abit of fun. Im wondering if anyone is selling a 103mm 5-6psi pulley (clutch or non clutch type) or knows where I can get one? Pulley brothers seem to be sold out of that paticular pulley and none on ebay at the moment so Im just trying my luck here.

Cheers

Last edited:

chrismoddy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 5.7 M6 and VT-S L67 M5
Hey Everyone, Thanks for your time. In regards to the SC14 on the ecotec I was just wondering if anyone could give me some advice on the purge solenoid hose going to the throttle body? I know I have to bung the throttle body and run the fresh air breather to atmosphere so boost doesn't get into the crankcase and blow seals etc. but I'm stumped on what to do with the purge hose (If I leave it will this cause boost to go back through the purge hose and cause problems? lol)

Any advice would be much appreciated

Thanks guys

DJ_Cosmic_Fire

smarter not harder
Reaction score
Website
www.house-mixes.com
Members Ride
VP S-Pack Oct '91 - VT SrsII Wagon
SC14 onto my VT-S manual just for abit of fun. Im wondering if anyone is selling a 103mm 5-6psi pulley (clutch or non clutch type) or knows where I can get one?

Castlemaine Rod Shop sell the kit so I'm sure they would sell the Pulleys to suit