Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The SC14 Supercharger Thread

chrismoddy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 5.7 M6 and VT-S L67 M5
In regards to the SC14 on the ecotec I was just wondering if anyone could give me some advice on the purge solenoid hose going to the throttle body? I know I have to bung the throttle body and run the fresh air breather to atmosphere so boost doesn't get into the crankcase and blow seals etc. but I'm stumped on what to do with the purge hose ? lol)

Any ideas on where the purge hose goes guys????

FXST01

The Grey Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 Exec
I was going to say visit this link https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/vn-vp-vr-sc14-how.76226 but he seems to have deleted any useful information and then left the forum.

I was researching this years ago (2009) and saved his thread as a doc word/pdf, but the JC won't let me load it as it's over their 244kb limit for PDFs. So I have placed it into a zip file.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• VN-VP-VR SC14 How To.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 859
Last edited:

chrismoddy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 5.7 M6 and VT-S L67 M5
I was going to say visit this link https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/vn-vp-vr-sc14-how.76226 but he seems to have deleted any useful information and then leave the forum.

I was researching this years ago (2009) and saved his thread as a doc word/pdf, but the JC won't let me load it as it's over their 244kb limit for PDFs. So I have placed it into a zip file.

Hope this helps.
Thanks I appreciate your reply, its a good thread and very detailed, but unfortunately there isn't anything about what happens to the fuel vapour purge hose as Im not sure if VN-VR (Buick engines) run the same setup on throttle body, As Im doing the SC14 on a VT Ecotech. Cheers

misterm52

Reaction score
Members Ride
NON
okay guys, so how does one use the vn commie air con pulley to get 5psi? where do we get the bearing or whats the size? Anybody mind sharing some dimensions?

update: the correct roller bearing size is 30x55x23 for the holden 103mm 5psi pulley, cost around $40 NZD at Saco Williams, you can get them from most shops, like donnavans etc I guess.

There is a better pulley 8 psi(?)however that is a direct bolt on and around 93mm, its from a toyota corolla src air con from 2002. -
https://m52supercharged.wordpress.com/

Last edited:

Sam121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 ltr
No not a bov, a bypass valve which is what ALL car manufactures who sell factory supercharged car use. It doesn't matter where the charger is located a proper bypass valve is needed for the car to run perfectly. People with l67 who put in ATA intercooler have issue because they disconnect their bypass valves. FYI sc14 from factory have a bypass valve which is controlled by ecu and work with the clutch to properly run the charger.
You can buy them from CAPA $250 and very easy to install.
What it will do is allow air to bypass the charger when running lightload/throttle effectively allowing the charger to freewheel as you put it. When more throttle is applied the butterfly slowly closes allowing boost to come on at a steady until usually 80% when its fully closed and full boost can be acheived. Benefits included better economy on cruise and light load situtions. cooler intake as charger is not pushing or pulling against a closed TB (depending on location of TB) longer life from charger as it works less therefor less wear. It will make tuning a ****load easier trust me.
Basically you can drive around all without seeing boost, atleast until you put your foot down. Car manufactures aren't dumb these are put on supercharged cars for a reason.

Hey mate. I have a problem and I think it is related to what you are saying. My sc14 supercharger is spinning in the idle. I have rebuilt the supercharger and still it works in the idle. The clutch seems to be good as well. Do you think it is an issue with the bypass valve?