Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things that p*** you off/bug you/annoy you

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
Ai = rubbish in rubbish out. It knows nothing about AS3000 I asked it plenty the otherday it was wrong every time.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I hate that we are being encouraged to practice using AI so much at work, and as yet outside of making it do funny things, I haven't been able to trust much, if any of the information out of it.

Guessing I still have a job for awhile yet. AI isn't about to bump me off.

A couple of guys on a different forum where using AI for some technical questions which it got wrong, then they corrected it but AI still got it wrong.

We aren't quite yet at the stage of Skynet going live....

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Getting closer with this now. So Spectrum Launceston also now have a spectrometer. He said it might not work real well on my paint, as my paint is a pearl or candy apple.. I'm not sure how this works on touch ups with a brush on chips? I know pearl you build layers to get the desired colour so that could be interesting in itself.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Emailed Triumph to see if they are willing and can tell me the name of the colour my bike is. Wait and see what they come back with. With a paint name I might be able to get it mixed, without the spectrometer, which might not get it right.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Just tried https://www.triumphnet.com/st/faq/paint/index.html this site without any success the codes from it don't come up, so either it's something only Triumph UK use or its just wrong info posted online.

Good thing is I'm still moving ahead as I'm eliminating a whole heap of options, which are no help in finding out the colour.

Another good thing is I have just heard back from Triumph and my colour is British Racing Green. So the link above is not 100% correct as mine is a mid 2000 and not a 2001, where the colour was apparently first introduced.

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
Just tried https://www.triumphnet.com/st/faq/paint/index.html this site without any success the codes from it don't come up, so either it's something only Triumph UK use or its just wrong info posted online.

Good thing is I'm still moving ahead as I'm eliminating a whole heap of options, which are no help in finding out the colour.

Another good thing is I have just heard back from Triumph and my colour is British Racing Green. So the link above is not 100% correct as mine is a mid 2000 and not a 2001, where the colour was apparently first introduced.
Many years ago when I owned a MK 2 Jag I was going to paint it British racing green and got as far as buying the paint. There are many shades of British racing green and the paint I bought was nothing like the colour Jaguar painted there cars.

Edit. I don't know if it still applies but in the fifties green was supposed to an unlucky colour on a racing car so the drivers had their green cars painted almost black.

Last edited:

OldBomb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
The "AI" being offered by Microsoft, Google etc is nothing more than a phishing exercise to sell search activity to advertisers. I've used co-pilot & didn't think it provided anything more than a basic google search could.

Typing a simple question like "who will be the next President of the USA?" yields the following:
Screenshot_20240412-111731 (1).png
thanks captain obvious. How about scouring opinion polls, bookies etc and offering a useful answer?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
The "AI" being offered by Microsoft, Google etc is nothing more than a phishing exercise to sell search activity to advertisers. I've used co-pilot & didn't think it provided anything more than a basic google search could.

Typing a simple question like "who will be the next President of the USA?" yields the following:
View attachment 266604thanks captain obvious. How about scouring opinion polls, bookies etc and offering a useful answer?
Hahahaha, so in other words Google doesn't want to potentially say the wrong answer so it plays it safe by saying what we all already know, without taking a risk.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Thinking for the chips I may go with this https://colorndrive.com/au/touch-up...british-racing-green-m-bec1343,101805/details . Then possibly have the bike spray painter do the panel that needs the whole thing painted. I will need paint I don't have if I attempt the whole panel myself and that will include a silver base, and green tinted clear. I will have a chat to the father in law when her returns from OS and see what he thinks. I do have thinner, clear and hardener so the outlay might not be too excessive.

Reactions: Lex

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak

View attachment 266604thanks captain obvious. How about scouring opinion polls, bookies etc and offering a useful answer?
With AI need to give it what you want as an outcome. But even then it will often just make it up or skew the information incorrectly.

Asking who the next president will and asking for that based on opinion polls yields a different response.