Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things that p*** you off/bug you/annoy you

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
^^^^ .......... NRMA is not that generous. I have asked about that deal, but NO.

I only found out as the RACV was trying to sell me two roadside assistance packages. In the end, I decided to only buy the one (for my wife). It was only then that they said I could do the crossover trick and effectively have double the cover.

OldBomb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Roadside breakdown service (AAMI) is cheaper than a tow truck, but only if you use it. They helped me thrice in the VS - once for gasoline, once for a non responsive indicator & another time when the technician wacked my tank to diagnose a faulty fuel pump. My car was also towed to the mechanics twice

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yes. But Losh, don't you see the contradictions? You talk about buying stuff you MAY need in ten years' time, so therefore you buy it. In the past, you've talked about aiming for an early retirement and paying off your mortgage and all those other much more important things that should make your lives easier when you retire. But at the end of the day, if you carry on believing that buying stuff you may or may not need, rather than looking at the bigger picture, you will end up with a shed full of sh1t that you can't use because of some medical issue, retired, and a mortgage you could have paid off, instead of buying all the sh1t you didn't really need, and therefore leading to a situation whereby you are now trying to sell all your sh1t to some guy who keeps low balling you on ‘market place’ or whatever, in order to pay your fecking mortgage!

If buying stuff for as cheap as you can get it makes you happy, then sure, we all get that. But buying stuff which you may only use once or never at all in the expectation you may use it, can cost you your house. It's just a different way to look at things.

Sh1t, if I had my way throughout my life, I would have the biggest f@#k off shed with every tool under the sun in it. But hey, like most, priorities take precedence.

By the way, I do admire some of the projects you take on, and the information you share. But sometimes you need to stand back and look at your contradictions. Just saying.
Rather than argue in a thread that is about happy things I have brought it over to here.

Considering we are years ahead on our mortgage and set to pay it off within 5-7 years I think I can afford to buy a few things I want, so no contradiction if you knew a little more than you think know. That's when knowing the full picture helps, which I am privy to that info.

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
Rather than argue in a thread that is about happy things I have brought it over to here.

Considering we are years ahead on our mortgage and set to pay it off within 5-7 years I think I can afford to buy a few things I want, so no contradiction if you knew a little more than you think know. That's when knowing the full picture helps, which I am privy to that info.
Fair comment.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I'm not as money smart as many are but I have come from losing pretty much the lot at 42 and now I'm already well ahead of what I had when I was say 38 and am on track to be debt free in a few years, God willing.

I do have some smarts around money and managed to build a new house from nothing but a $7k block, and having an average fortnightly earning that was about the same as a pension for pretty much the entire time I built the house over the 5-6 years it took.

I could possibly would be even further ahead if I didn't buy those things I wanted, but as you've seen those things make life easier and also bring me some enjoyment by being able to work on old stuff and give it a new life. And if I had not bought what I've bought I may well have spent it on something that I would have nothing to show for it now, like booze and wayward women.

I've had plenty of mates, and a few girlfriends in my lifetime who have had money pass through their hands and are now still renting, no assets and not even a few things in a shed, which means they have to beg, borrow or steal for.

I know this, because I'm the bloke that no one invites to a party or out to a dinner with friends or even a ride day, but I'm the first person the call when they need something, hahahahaha. Ahhhhh, at least I'm wanted sometimes. :p

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I should add, I wasn't looking to argue, and you are correct, I obviously don't know about all of your circumstances. But hey, you do sort of impart a lot.

Some would say too much....