Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things that p*** you off/bug you/annoy you

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
Why do some drivers swing slightly left (into my lane) just before doing a right hand turn in traffic?

I could understand if they were rally driving....... or they were a five year old kid on a bicycle in the park.....

At traffic lights though. What is the logic?:confused:

The key to dealing with them is to drive a shitbox and hold your ground. If you can drive a car that they at least think you don't care about mm from them sooner or later I figure they must work out that what they are doing is wrong. I suspect that most aren't even aware of doing it. If you try it, expect the occasional warning horn from their (there? they're?) error.

people who sit in the right hand lane when there are two lanes. Even if you are doing the speed limit...move over and let traffic flow. There are big signs on the highways that say "keep left unless overtaking".

I'll stick my hand up and say that I do that. The reason is the alternative lane, sometimes lanes, is/are torn up by heavy vehicles and I don't particularly feel obligated to inflict unnecessary wear and tear on my vehicles nor discomfort to my person just to facilitate someone else breaking the law. If you want to go faster than the speed limit (plus a bit actually), no problem. It's your licence and the fine (voluntary taxation) helps pay for things that governments provide just don't expect anyone else to inconvenience themselves to make it easier for you.

Straya!

Reaction score
Members Ride
1987 VL Brock Director
People who pull off death defying stunts to only overtake one car and get stuck right in front of that car anyway.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
I'll stick my hand up and say that I do that. The reason is the alternative lane, sometimes lanes, is/are torn up by heavy vehicles and I don't particularly feel obligated to inflict unnecessary wear and tear on my vehicles nor discomfort to my person just to facilitate someone else breaking the law. If you want to go faster than the speed limit (plus a bit actually), no problem. It's your licence and the fine (voluntary taxation) helps pay for things that governments provide just don't expect anyone else to inconvenience themselves to make it easier for you.

so ur happy to break the law and get pissed off at others also breaking the law?

Not keeping left when signed is also a fineable offence..

All I read in ur post is me, me, me, me, me.. Think about the other road users, if they wanna speed, let em

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
People who pull off death defying stunts to only overtake one car and get stuck right in front of that car anyway.

I live on one of the most dangerous stretches of road in the country, based on annual deaths per km.
The road in itself is a typical crappy QLD road, but that isn't the problem. The problem is that there are 30km of winding hilly roads, very high traffic levels (including quarry trucks from a quarry on that stretch) and no overtaking opportunities. I've seen literally hundreds of near misses as people take silly risks to pass the car in front of them, and many fatal accidents.

Damn near been hit head on by them as they overtake on double white lines over a crest and around a bend at the same time too.

Those that are going in my direction are still in view 30km later.. I can still see them, and they have managed to advance no more than 2 or 3 cars in the queue. Madness.

kingswood country

Reaction score
Members Ride
hj kingswood
so ur happy to break the law and get pissed off at others also breaking the law?

Not keeping left when signed is also a fineable offence..

All I read in ur post is me, me, me, me, me.. Think about the other road users, if they wanna speed, let em

What I read from that, is he's traveling in the right lane, overtaking cars on the left, with someone up his arse, why should he have to slow down, squeeze into the left lane to let speeding knobs past that won't let him back in so in the end he's sitting behind a truck doing 10kms less than the limit. If that's the case, I agree, but sitting in the right lane not overtaking Is wrong.

Taking donations of cash, card or full frontal nudity.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
What I read from that, is he's traveling in the right lane, overtaking cars on the left, with someone up his arse, why should he have to slow down, squeeze into the left lane to let speeding knobs past that won't let him back in so in the end he's sitting behind a truck doing 10kms less than the limit. If that's the case, I agree, but sitting in the right lane not overtaking Is wrong.

Nope, avoiding worn roads. Who I quoted mentions nothing about over taking.. Re-read the quote

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
The fact that I was doing the speed limit and others were speeding and yet a copper pulls me over.
Then interogates me 'what am i doing, where am i going etc'
Even asked me whom i live with.

Rather answer the ####en questions and piss off early then be an ass and have him pee me off further by doing a vehicle search.

Like WTF seriously.

kingswood country

Reaction score
Members Ride
hj kingswood
Nope, avoiding worn roads. Who I quoted mentions nothing about over taking.. Re-read the quote

My bad, but fair enough, I'd do it too, last thing you want is to dodge a pot hole and hit the car beside you. Or wind up with front end problems month after month and that's if you haven't blown a tyre or two.
And since the left lane is free, the can go on the inside, but I guess they won't because the roads too ****

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
Camry drivers. I am yet to see one that is capable of doing the speed limit.