Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things that p*** you off/bug you/annoy you

Heron SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 NT Pajero Exceed, 1984 VK SL
Its probably been said before but is anyone here annoyed by people mounting their NSW premium number plates the WRONG WAY ROUND...ie front on back?

That shits me up the wall.... the narrow one on the back and the thick one on the front. Reminds me of seeing someone walking around with their pants on backwards.

RYNO6L

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Grange
That shits me up the wall.... the narrow one on the back and the thick one on the front. Reminds me of seeing someone walking around with their pants on backwards.

Haha so im not going nuts...it wouldn't be so much of an issue if it didn't state clearly on the mounting instructions which way they go...

timbo888

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
^^^ there was a conspiracy theory that the smaller plate on the back was harder for speed cameras to read

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
So people actually believe that their local DRT/RTA/Whatever would produce plates that their brethren departments equipment couldn't detect?

Apparently if you drive fast enough through one it can't detect you either....

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
I was told recently by a car show judge that; "the cops wont like you", because apparently, according to him,
the plates I have (gold on black), don't show up too well on the speed cameras.
Don't know if he's right or not, but he seemed confident he was right.
VT Rear view.jpg
Anyway, it's VicRoads problem, not mine.
They should have investigated this before issuing them.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Its probably been said before but is anyone here annoyed by people mounting their NSW premium number plates the WRONG WAY ROUND...ie front on back?

OH MY GOD , the things people do eh , I'm surprised that's allowed , they should take their licenses off them and have a public stoning in the Civic square .

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I was told recently by a car show judge that; "the cops wont like you", because apparently, according to him,
View attachment 176900

If they are standard Vicroads issue in good original condition then you should be fine

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
View attachment 176900

I'm always happy to be corrected but I don't believe that for a second. My mum was always confident swimming after eating was dangerous. My reasoning:

1 - we're talking about $30-50k worth of photographic equipment (that's excluding the detection module) from some of the best manufacturers in the world that use raw formats and infra red for bad light/night time. Your pic above is easily readable and would be from a consumer based camera or smartphone.
2 - a mate of mine from Goulburn has the NSW gold on black almost identical to those and he's had plenty of fines, lol.
3 - you've got mobs like myPlates' (NSW) selling some crazy arsed designs and colours and is Roads and Maritime backed.
4 - when it comes to potential (fish in a barrel) revenue loss I can personally attest to the absolutely amazing efficiency of our local and federal government in ensuring that won't occur.

On topic I concur that slims must got on the front under penalty of raucous laughter!