Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things that p*** you off/bug you/annoy you

Brenno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6.0L MY09.5 A6
Yeah people will complain if its a five day thing.. Especially if the dogs didn't howl before..

My dog is well cared for and he barks from time to time.. Maybe that's because I live 200m from a kennel and all those dogs howl which sets him off..

But.. Since he's barking I must be an irresponsible pet owner..

kingswood country

Reaction score
Members Ride
hj kingswood
The dog or dogs miss they're owner, it's how dogs express they're sadness, howling and barking,it still doesn't mean they're not looked after.

My dog is spoilt rotton and is looked after very well, still barks, still howls, she's a dog, it's what dogs do.
If they didn't bark I'd be concerned.

Taking donations of cash, card or full frontal nudity.

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
If they're barking, whoever is doing the looking after, is not doing it properly.

As unfortunate as that is, it doesn't excuse your responsibilities as a pet owner (and if the people have gotten to the stage of putting a note on your door, its been a long time coming, not a 5 day thing)

Not my dogs.....

Im working this weekend and Im gone all day fixing peoples cars. What can I do about it. For all i know the poor thing howls so the neighbors shout at it making it worse.

If they are so bothered by it they should first confront me or the owner, and no a anonymous note doesn't count. ( the anonymous part is why Im pissed off )

then.

call noise control or the pound. These people are clearly nit picky bizzy bodys with nothing better to do than bitch and moan.

/rant

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Yeah people will complain if its a five day thing.. Especially if the dogs didn't howl before..

My dog is well cared for and he barks from time to time.. Maybe that's because I live 200m from a kennel and all those dogs howl which sets him off..

But.. Since he's barking I must be an irresponsible pet owner..
I can only go on what i would do. If i heard a barking dog that wasn't barking before, it wouldn't be a problem, unless it was weeks on end. (he said the bf was there the first 2 days, so its been 3 days at the most she's been away)

Council have laws regarding such things (which i'd assume are completely different if you dont live in metro)

The dog or dogs miss they're owner, it's how dogs express they're sadness, howling and barking,it still doesn't mean they're not looked after.

My dog is spoilt rotton and is looked after very well, still barks, still howls, she's a dog, it's what dogs do.
If they didn't bark I'd be concerned.

A bark every now wouldn't piss someone off to the point of putting a note on your door...

I dont see the difficulty in putting your pet in a kennel if you aren't able to look after it which results in it disturbing your neighbours.

Not my dogs.....

Im working this weekend and Im gone all day fixing peoples cars. What can I do about it. For all i know the poor thing howls so the neighbors shout at it making it worse.

If they are so bothered by it they should first confront me or the owner, and no a anonymous note doesn't count. ( the anonymous part is why Im pissed off )

then.

call noise control or the pound. These people are clearly nit picky bizzy bodys with nothing better to do than bitch and moan.

/rant

I clearly said the owner (whoever owns the dog, and is not currently looking after it). The fact you've gotten defensive about my comment means you've either agree'd to some responsibilty, or you've completely missed my point!

I'd leave an anon note aswell. People who are usually told about their lack of responsibility usually dont take too kind to it, so most people would want to stay anon ;)
Its very rare to find a responsible pet owner, so its not worth the risk of finding someone who will do something back.

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
Steathy, you are entitled to your opinion, sweet as

I came here to vent my frustration, The dogs are being fed and walked daily. I do what I can to give him attention and comfort him, but I am not his owner so I am only doing the best i can do.

I have nothing else to add on the matter.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Steathy, you are entitled to your opinion, sweet as

I came here to vent my frustration, The dogs are being fed and walked daily. I do what I can to give him attention and comfort him, but I am not his owner so I am only doing the best i can do.

I have nothing else to add on the matter.
It seems you've still missed my point.

I hate irresponsible pet owners. If they are barking in a residential area in the absence of their owner, they need to be in a kennel

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Dogs that bark non stop piss me off. I had one next door a couple of years ago. I knocked on her door and she acted surprised that it barked all day and night, no exaggeration. The barking continued so me and my boys started yelling at it over the back fence which would result in her coming out and making lame attempts to call it inside. Was only one of those little dogs you could wear as a slipper.

Next step the Council. I put the official letter of complaint in her letter box as instructed by Council but the barking continued. By now sleep deprivation had kicked in making me tired and irrational. I had not had a proper nights sleep in weeks, neither had my son whose bedroom was also on the driveway side where it ran up and down day and night barking. Let me say at this point I would never under any circumstance hurt an animal however I told her one afternoon if she didn't shut her dog up she would come home to find it stapled to her front door.

After that threat the dog was silent, I imagine she either kept it inside or got rid of it. She moved out about a week later.

kingswood country

Reaction score
Members Ride
hj kingswood
I can only go on what i would do. If i heard a barking dog that wasn't barking before, it wouldn't be a problem, unless it was weeks on end. (he said the bf was there the first 2 days, so its been 3 days at the most she's been away)

Council have laws regarding such things (which i'd assume are completely different if you dont live in metro)

A bark every now wouldn't piss someone off to the point of putting a note on your door...

I dont see the difficulty in putting your pet in a kennel if you aren't able to look after it which results in it disturbing your neighbours.

My sister inlaw has two dogs, the dog behind sets them off on occasion, the people next door bitch everyday that they're being noisy and barking, also very well looked after spoilt dogs, sad part is, the ones complaining about the barking have two dogs that do most of the barking,

It may not even be this dog or dogs in question, good chance it is, but possibly not. I agree with the busy bodies, especially after 3 days.

If it was at night, fair enough, but the op would have done something about that stopping him sleeping, this tells me it's during daytime, which tells me it's one of two kinds of people,
1 retired old codgers with nothing better to do,
Or
2 dole bludgers wanting to feel important.

You can't complain during the day.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
My sister inlaw has two dogs, the dog behind sets them off on occasion, the people next door bitch everyday that they're being noisy and barking, also very well looked after spoilt dogs, sad part is, the ones complaining about the barking have two dogs that do most of the barking,

It may not even be this dog or dogs in question, good chance it is, but possibly not. I agree with the busy bodies, especially after 3 days.

If it was at night, fair enough, but the op would have done something about that stopping him sleeping, this tells me it's during daytime, which tells me it's one of two kinds of people,
1 retired old codgers with nothing better to do,
Or
2 dole bludgers wanting to feel important.

You can't complain during the day.

Or it could be a shift worker, who sleeps during the day. Either way, only one person is in the wrong here.

Old people and dole bludgers have the right to peace and quiet you know..................................

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
Or it could be a shift worker, who sleeps during the day. Either way, only one person is in the wrong here.

Old people and dole bludgers have the right to peace and quiet you know..................................

A shift worker flats with us.