Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things that p*** you off/bug you/annoy you

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
My wife is no pleb, thanks very much, and worked today, in a store on normal wage with no penalty rates.. She's a great worker and does what she has too, and too call people plebs is quite insulting, so go fark yaself.. Atleast shes working and not sittin on her arse doin nothing..
Anyway its no different to any another day. I worked today aswell..

Calm your tits.

I used to have to work to. Noone wants to pay 18 year old casuals 50 bucks an hour. So they close.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
As above, for a high percentage of businesses, it's just not economical to trade on days like that.

GKW

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SSV & 1999 VT SS SII
NSW Govt legislation around trading on various public holidays prohibits most if not all large retailers from opening. Bunnings had applied in past years to open on Easter Sunday and been denied (along with others) so I'm not sure the penalty rates was that big an issue for them. Whilst my bitch was about not being open on Friday, for me the same principals apply be it Easter Friday or Easter Sunday.

I don't want to get into the penalty rates issue (and yes I've worked in retail in the past), my comment was aimed at laws that stop large retailers from trading. If they want to trade and are happy to pay the legally required rates for the day...let them.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
When telemarketers ring , and call me by my first name , I don't know you , you don't know me at all , so it's Mr , if you'd be so kind please, not " Hi is that Jannie , it's Sebastian from something I don't care about or want speaking" .

GKW

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SSV & 1999 VT SS SII
When telemarketers ring , and call me by my first name , I don't know you , you don't know me at all , so it's Mr , if you'd be so kind please, not " Hi is that Jannie , it's Sebastian from something I don't care about or want speaking" .

Here here...

A great reply to tele-marker courtesy of Seinfield.

Last edited by a moderator:

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
the lack of street signs in some places.
especially when it involves some main roads or similar.

go into the country when you have 3 streets and everyone of them is labelled even though without the signs you know which one you need.
go into the suburbs when there are 30 streets in the area, not 1 sign, all guesswork :/

Batca

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv sportwagon
Crappy quality Easter eggs, which I then continue to eat anyway

drewVHSS

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
stores.ebay.com.au
Members Ride
'83 VH SS, '79 Green VB SL '92 S2 VQ Caprice
customer service staff who respond to a question with an off the shelf cut and paste from their sales blurbs that doesn't answer your question.
Hey isn't not the end of the world if you don't have the answer, just say so and then offer an empty promise to refer it to your technical team.
Certainly not piss me off by not answering my question but responding with useless crap I had already read prior to asking my question.
It's amazing how many people suck at what they supposedly do for a living.

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
When you drive a car for years trouble free, not a single drama, all works perfect. Then, let someone else drive it and calls you with all type of shits. The cig lighter does not work, the engine stalls, bent strut, water leaks, burned bulbs, flat tires etc...

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
Militant feminism.

Don't get me wrong, I admire and respect women, and hope one day they will be equal to men in terms of life outcomes. If that makes me feminist, so be it. I am on the same page as 90% of women out there.

However, there is then the militant feminist. They hang out at 'Destroy the Joint' on social media. They seem to think that whatever problem they have faced as a woman applies to all women and that since a man created the problem, all men are like that. They are the ones who can't watch a TV show without dissecting all the gender roles to the point they no longer enjoy it. The decry pretty much any social media comment on gender that is not hating on men as sexist.

My advice is that the real feminists are female businesspeople, engineers, tradespeople, and lawyers and doctors, to name a few. They are pioneers, breaking into male dominated territory. They don't hang out in gender studies class and piss and moan!

Rant over.