Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things that p*** you off/bug you/annoy you

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Unfortunately we have reached a point where we need a world wide tax system so companies don't use different tax jurisdictions to minimise taxes and pay their fair share no matter where they are located and domiciled for tax purposes. I just don't see it happening and in the mean time we get ripped off.
No we don't.

We need to be able to vote for a government that will ensure the stuff that we as a society deem important can actually be funded via an efficient tax system that all fairly contribute towards. We don't need a government that abdicates its responsibility to some international body while our they plays negotiation games around international trade deakls where we citizens end up being able to buy rubber dogshit cheap while our lobsters are exported for maximum profit (by multinational that sets it up so the lobsters are sold cheap to an os intermediary residing in a tax free jurisdiction solely to avoid paying any tax).

Fcuk the multinationals, I'd be happy to see a turnover tax on individuals, businesses while multinationals with these sweet-heart investment/tax dodge deals can go by the way of the dodo... May be the manufactured products caqn again be made to last (which is the real way to environmental protection, not have factories churn stuff)...

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
No we don't.

We need to be able to vote for a government that will ensure the stuff that we as a society deem important can actually be funded via an efficient tax system that all fairly contribute towards. We don't need a government that abdicates its responsibility to some international body while our they plays negotiation games around international trade deakls where we citizens end up being able to buy rubber dogshit cheap while our lobsters are exported for maximum profit (by multinational that sets it up so the lobsters are sold cheap to an os intermediary residing in a tax free jurisdiction solely to avoid paying any tax).

Fcuk the multinationals, I'd be happy to see a turnover tax on individuals, businesses while multinationals with these sweet-heart investment/tax dodge deals can go by the way of the dodo... May be the manufactured products caqn again be made to last (which is the real way to environmental protection, not have factories churn stuff)...

Good luck with that :)

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I work for a charity. And while we don't pay tax on donations and we rely on public funds to partially fund a lot of our programs, the staff who work there all pay tax. Profits we make are given back to the community and this year revenue from our shops is right down. We get audited every year so there is no underhanded goings on, we have to account for every dollar we have coming in and going out.

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
I work for a charity. And while we don't pay tax on donations and we rely on public funds to partially fund a lot of our programs, the staff who work there all pay tax. Profits we make are given back to the community and this year revenue from our shops is right down. We get audited every year so there is no underhanded goings on, we have to account for every dollar we have coming in and going out.
I knew a high ranking Salvation Army guy who used to give furniture and boxes of food and stuff to his relatives who lived over 350 kms from where he was based, and his relatives were not skint. He would also get their neighbour who was a mechanic to service his car, and would pay him with a video recorder or whatever which had been donated. He was a parasitical, hypocritical f@#king leech who abused the trust put in him.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I knew a high ranking Salvation Army guy who used to give furniture and boxes of food and stuff to his relatives who lived over 350 kms from where he was based, and his relatives were not skint. He would also get their neighbour who was a mechanic to service his car, and would pay him with a video recorder or whatever which had been donated. He was a parasitical, hypocritical f@#king leech who abused the trust put in him.
Yeah that's not cool and gives a bad rep to others who do the right thing.

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
I knew a lady years ago who worked for a charity and I stand corrected, but I am sure she told me her personal tax was considerably less than normal because she worked for said charity.
Care to elaborate on this situation ?