Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things that p*** you off/bug you/annoy you

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
The old man always says to me to go fill up because of the cycles.
But i work in the country. It literally hasnt changed in months.

So i fill up in the country on the way to work, dont worry about the cycles as they are fairly priced.
And i mostly ignore the city/suburbs price cycle.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Went up to Ballarat today to visit family. Normally takes about 1 1/2 hours . But there was a crap load of roadworks from the west gate bridge to the Western highway. Took well over 2 hours . And as a bonus I had this symbol pop up on the dash which I've never seen before LOL.
received_799274474923713.jpeg

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Ummmm, since when is it OK to go to KFC in your pyjamas?

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
Went up to Ballarat today to visit family. Normally takes about 1 1/2 hours . But there was a crap load of roadworks from the west gate bridge to the Western highway. Took well over 2 hours . And as a bonus I had this symbol pop up on the dash which I've never seen before LOL.View attachment 266658
I used to see that quite regularly when I worked at the mines. I haven't seen it for over 15 years and forgot it existed.

JRNZER

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hyundai i30 N-Line
Our prices are pretty stable. They only go up or down 2c - 3c a litre at a time. But it's normally a lot more expensive than the mainland, due to not having price cycles.

I dont understand these price cycles, Just a load of crap. Considering if other states don't have them

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Down here it's legislated for servos to post their prices online. If they don't they can be fined. Has it done anything to lower prices? In short, no nothing has changed.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Blame the consumer, if there are local servos and one is cheaper everyone needs to go there and the others will soon drop their prices but people are lazy and just go wherever.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
For a while Mobil was cheap so I filled there, now they are expensive like BP so I'll not grace their forecourt. NPD does a good discount once a week so I go there or use the local Pack'n'slave which tends to be competitive on price most of the time. For 98 I now only use Gull as I've tuned to suit their E10 98ron fuel.

JRNZER

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hyundai i30 N-Line
I've found petrol from ampol/caltex to be more economical. I used fuel from Puma (get 4 cents a litre off with racq) for a few months and 7/11 but wasn't getting very good mileage from it.