Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things that p*** you off/bug you/annoy you

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Because it's China and they are bad people.

Well there is nothing wrong with the average Chinese person but their political leadership is a different story.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
We need the higher density housing to house all these people we have that don’t have a roof over their heads. So kdr is going to happen

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
We need the higher density housing to house all these people we have that don’t have a roof over their heads. So kdr is going to happen

Yes it is a shame.....Catch 22......

I have noticed though, with the new estates cropping up round the North, they have made provisions for parks to be put in for the kids...So that's one plus...

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
It's sad them doing that.

In my area, they're knocking down houses and putting 2 or more on the block...

One actually subdivided their block and put a house on it...There isn't enough room to have a leak between the house and the fence line....Front yard barely fits a FG Falcon inbetween the house and gate...

And they wonder why kids can't go out and play when there is no yard.....catch 22 I know...
Same all over the country, squeeze as many blocks into a sub as you can. As long as there's sewer and you get council approval you don't need too much open space like the rules used to and probably still do say. We're fortunate to have scored a 1500m block. If we were in Legana we would have probably had to settle for 450-500m block, meaning maybe a double garage, but no shed and only a courtyard size outside space.

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
Mmmm. Whilst being in Tassie at the moment, I'm seeing lots more homeless people staying on the campsites and just living out of their cars. Sad really:(

• Sad
Reactions: Lex

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Mmmm. Whilst being in Tassie at the moment, I'm seeing lots more homeless people staying on the campsites and just living out of their cars. Sad really:(
Homelessness is rife at the moment. It's a big political topic that the opposition keeps driving home. Part of the problem is new people to the state and expecting to find accommodation after they arrive. Launceston has tent cities in various places.

You here of Public Housing waitlists of three - five years. I find this kinda funny when they winge about that. When I was in SA the Housing Trust waitlist was 15-20 years.

OldBomb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
a lot of people i speak to claim they'll never buy an EV, however petrol cars are only getting more expensive, particularly in Australia. eventually, they'll reach parity and it's at that point that buyers will need to decide if the cost of ownership is worth it. At the moment, resale value is one of the main factors that is preventing new buyers from entering the segment. But as more buyers look for affordable used EV's, due partly to the sky rocketing price of fuel & partly to the lower depreciation on ridiculously priced new vehicles, demand should easily outstrip supply.

OldBomb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina

Don't worry, once boofhead Dutton gets in, that'll change! /sarcasm

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
a lot of people i speak to claim they'll never buy an EV, however petrol cars are only getting more expensive, particularly in Australia. eventually, they'll reach parity and it's at that point that buyers will need to decide if the cost of ownership is worth it. At the moment, resale value is one of the main factors that is preventing new buyers from entering the segment. But as more buyers look for affordable used EV's, due partly to the sky rocketing price of fuel & partly to the lower depreciation on ridiculously priced new vehicles, demand should easily outstrip supply.

Depreciation is probably a major issue, but it is probably been driven by (a) unknown, or uncertain, depreciation with secondhand EVs, and (b) the equivalent new EV has reduced in price (and so reducing the prices of used examples further).

The secondhand EV market will probably pick up in the coming years as there has been a large increase in EVs being (novated) leased. These will start hitting the used car market in about three years time.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I wouldn't have thought there would even be many SH EVs on the market? Like anything the higher end models will likely hold better value than the Chinese ones. It will be interesting to see what makes do hold their value, because Chinese cars and Korean cars tend to drop in price pretty well after they are a few years old. I mean it's not like someone is itching to buy a SH Kia. But something with a following like Holden or Ford V8s then they tend to have some desire attached to them.