Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Thinking of Buying a new VF series 2 SV6

CalaisNQ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II Calais V V8 , VS Calais, VS Ute & VZ SV6
Yeah see thats what i thought it could give me a good credit rating providing it all goes well and i pay it off. Been looking at a few demo Vf's and some with only 10,000 kms on it but the only thing is i need one with a hard top on it so my tools don't get stolen and i figure if i include it in the loan it saves me trying to get one after i have a loan for a the car, ill just have to be patient and hopefully one pops up if not ill look at ordering one in. I also wont be needing to get the full $45,000 as a loan because i have money saved up and once i trade or privately sell my car in it will end up being about $25,000 that i need to get as a loan.

I would keep a look out for a low km 2nd hand vf, do some dealer searches, I'm sure you get the dealer to fit a hardtop, may even pick one up within your 25k budget, if your not fussed on colour.
If I wasn't fussy on the colour when looking to buy my calais, I could have saved up to $10k buying a low km 2nd hand one.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Yeah see thats what i thought it could give me a good credit rating providing it all goes well and i pay it off. Been looking at a few demo Vf's and some with only 10,000 kms on it but the only thing is i need one with a hard top on it so my tools don't get stolen and i figure if i include it in the loan it saves me trying to get one after i have a loan for a the car, ill just have to be patient and hopefully one pops up if not ill look at ordering one in. I also wont be needing to get the full $45,000 as a loan because i have money saved up and once i trade or privately sell my car in it will end up being about $25,000 that i need to get as a loan.

Got ya head screwed on.
Maybe a ex auction VF ute, some come with canopys etc

crew_man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SV6 Reserve Edition Sportwagon
In all honesty, unless you can get a massive saving it's not worth getting a brand new S2 SV6 as they are almost identical to S1. If you MUST have an SV6 you are better off getting a low km S1 SV6 Storm and not putting yourself too much in debt.

Chances are that you will want to spend some money on it for a little bit more go or on some tools for work etc. and you won't be able to because you are too deep in debt.

Either buy a VE SV6 or early VF SV6 and leave yourself with some walking around money.

This will also free you up to buy something different later in your apprenticeship.

My mates that are in the trade all bought Commodore or Falcon utes once they got their apprenticeships but have all now bought crew cab 4x4 utes because they found them far more useable for work now that they are qualified. If they had bought brand new utes rather than cheap second hand ones when they started they would have really struggled to buy the cars that they have now which are far better suited to what they need.