Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Time for a interior change?

sciacca

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE SV6 COMMODORE
That looks pretty cool man bit of a shame ya couldnt do tha head unit fascia, woulda looked more wicked, So one more question haha if you were unhappy with the paint or wanted to ever get it off, what do you use?

Cheers :)

Mysterious-VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Rb30 VK
yeah, it is a bit of a shame, im just thinking about masking tape and cutting to shape of the features, the silver looks a bit odd,
well, i would imagine thinners, when i was painting it i had a run mark, i didnt notice untill it was dry, so i just got thinners on a rag, and wiped it back untill it was smooth, and it came off pretty easy
i would imagine it would be a time consuming job removing it, but i just thought rather than stripping it afterwards, i would be able to just buy new ones when i got over it

cheers

Mysterious-VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Rb30 VK
ha yeah, that will be when thinners becomes my best friend,
im not sure of the actual paint, but i used a brand from autobarn called K&H, and its what they call a "plastic adhesion primer"

Classic Fibre

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 S/W, HT Ute 308 Modified
Here at Classic Fibre we can cover that in Carbon Fibre Vinyl

It looks and feels like Raw Carbon Fibre

Cheers
Classic Fibre

a.critta

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series II
Hey mysterious,

just wondering how you got the gear/window switch surround out?? does it just pop out? i dont wanna break it.
ive done my dash stripes and steering wheels spokes and wanna finish it off with spraying that bit. if you could help me out that would be great!!

Cheers

bonners

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sting SV Black Edition Tourer
On the gear surround, the bit behind the cup holder and the bit behind the centre arm rest, plus the dash strips and bezels of my central guages I painted. Its Lamborghini Green (or actually Focus RS Ultimate green which is the same colour). I did try the carbon fibre wrap and was impressed but this was just something different to match the stripes and other bits and pieces I am doing
Sorry for the quality.

IMG_0447.jpg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore 2002 Executive v6. Ex Patrol Car
Run through the "How Too" section of the forums. There are some really good How Too's on painting the interior of your car. Its nice and easy too! Ill probably be doing it sometime soon.