Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

To all Member That Don't Drive A Commodore, What Do You Drive:

50LTRv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V8 Calais
EF Series 2 Ghia for me

Quite a nice car to drive, pitty a repair job hasn't been done properly and is now looking a worse for wear.

Still, good for a daily though

Torquen

Boost FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
450+ HP FORD XR6T
BA MKII XR6 TURBO. tuned to 258rwkw. only bought it cause insurance on a VX Clubby was stupidly expensive. i was intending to go back the the holden badeg but the boost has me caught! nothing quite like it :p

BOY1236

Crazy dude in a V8
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS (4-speed auto)
everyone in my family drive each other car ...

VE SS (mine), Nissan Maxima (brother's), Chevy Trail Blazer (Father's), 96 Caprice ...

Jamie_87

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 BA XR6
i have a BA Mk1 XR6. Was planning on buy a vy/vz but when i drove the XR6 i was converted...gotta say , ford has holden owned in the 6 cyl dept, but ford has nothing on holdens v8's...

still want my holden v8 though, wouldnt mind a nice VE SS or Calais V 6.0L

blacknight

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive
besides the VX, the beemer 320i. wanna trade it in to start paying off on an Audi Q7

sleek_vp

sleek_vp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ute
i have a BA Mk1 XR6. Was planning on buy a vy/vz but when i drove the XR6 i was converted...gotta say , ford has holden owned in the 6 cyl dept, but ford has nothing on holdens v8's...

still want my holden v8 though, wouldnt mind a nice VE SS or Calais V 6.0L

would have to very much disagree with you there i reckon the ford 6 has to be pushed hard to get the power but the alloytec is very punchy, also my work has 2 utes- a ba ute& ve ute both 6's and the ve is soooo much better to drive& is way more powerful, i asked parts bloke who used to drive the ba and got the ve brand new what he thought between the 2 and coming from a bloke who couldnt give a rats bum hole about cars said the commodore is light years ahead of the ford, but then again each to their own but also i should mention that the torque control on the alloytecs is annoying as you kind off have to work out the throttle but id love to trade the exec& go for a svz or lumina- 190kw yes please :thumbsup:

Low_VX_Taxi

Blanned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blundstone boots
would have to very much disagree with you there i reckon the ford 6 has to be pushed hard to get the power but the alloytec is very punchy, also my work has 2 utes- a ba ute& ve ute both 6's and the ve is soooo much better to drive& is way more powerful, i asked parts bloke who used to drive the ba and got the ve brand new what he thought between the 2 and coming from a bloke who couldnt give a rats bum hole about cars said the commodore is light years ahead of the ford,

No offence but comparing BA to VE isn't very fair, they were made in different years so it would prob be better to compare BF vs VE.

BA
Power:182kW @ 5000rpm
Torque: 380Nm @ 3250rpm

BF
Power: 190kW @ 5250rpm
Torque: 383Nm @ 2500rpm

These are for the XR6 variants but just shows even though they practically look the same they have had a revisions between the two models.

Don't get me wrong I'm not taking sides either way just not a fair comparison :thumbsup:

BustedNut

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE Sedan
Alrighty then,

Two 1975 W114 Mercedes Benz (E & CE), a 1967 Triumph Spitfire (Mk III) and a 97 EL Fairmont..

Love the Benz's.. :yeah:

Regards,

BustedNut

dynamytedave

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SS-V Redline SportWagon, 2003 CV8R Monaro
Mack CH Elite by day, 2003 CV8R Monaro by night. Yeah I know it's a Commodore derivative, but thats just a technicality. And there's the thrasher EA Falcon wagon shopping trolley, just to remind us how much better we Holden heads have it over the other mob.