Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

/// Trayners VZ SS 6.0L Thunder Ute

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Well , she got tuned today :p

still making the same power-ish as we adjusted the trims and all that to get a more better constant power , picked up more torque thou.

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
I can't remember if it was yourself but did you have the custom sub box they have on ebay for $230? I bought a slimline box and the passenger would have to have their knees in their face to use it :/. Just wanted to know how yours went and if the sub hits the seat when playing.

Trayner

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
I can't remember if it was yourself but did you have the custom sub box they have on ebay for $230? I bought a slimline box and the passenger would have to have their knees in their face to use it :/. Just wanted to know how yours went and if the sub hits the seat when playing.

Yeah I have this type of box
v2ute1.jpg

The seat goes pretty much all the way back maybe one click forward on the rails , but the seat angle can be all the way back from memory. The box is fibreglass and has been moulded to fit under the little dip in the back wall .

The sub just clears the seat I think , but would depend on how big the frame thickness of the sub is I guess.

Haven't put mine back in yet as I had the power cable running thru the clutch grommet lol .

R

Risky

In the not-too-distant future where one man & his V8 VZ SS ute leave the driveway, he cranks up the stereo....

Last edited by a moderator:

Trayner

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Haha cool I might get one of those then. How did you go with the jack mounting? There's a big stud sticking out of the ground... Did you have to cut it out?

Have to cut it off man , or possibly bend it over

In the not-too-distant future where one man & his V8 VZ SS ute leave the driveway, he cranks up the stereo....

Lol I did start the car a few times without the exhaust on sounds like straight pipes

Last edited by a moderator:
R

Risky

Updates times

Manual is in , Long story short the new slave I got off ebay blew open when I first installed the box . Stupid me had the tail shaft in and everything before I even tryed to bleed the clutch .
So I had to take the tail shaft/ box back out etc. Pain in the ass. And ive been working night shift at work so hardly anytime to get here done.

---------------------------------------------------

Anyways............. I went and got a Malwood Alloy one instead of the stupid plastic ones , Seems to be going good .
CSC_Components(Web).jpg

Took it for a drive today and she really goes , forgot how well a v8 goes lol.

Shifts very well , clutch might need another bleed , slight pedal travel near the floor .
Will probly change the tranny fluid too as its been sitting for abit.
Diff oil was changed when I bought it .
Reverse is a little hard to get into now and then, but hoping thats a mixture of the tune not disengaging the reverse lockout/ crappy fluid
Engine bay needs a clean up

Refitted the interior and centre console etc.

Now the only thing left is to get a Re-tune as the computer still thinks there is a auto and throwing codes everywhere. lol
and so I dont have to "hotwire" it everytime lol.

----------------------------------------------
and....

this.......

happened..........

20161026_153917.jpg
:p

Trayner's ute sometime in the new year lol
(minus the damage)
15195892_1129145870533041_4705798982252761359_o.jpg

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
If you can fit a 2.9L Whipple under the bonnet without any scoops or bulges, then his 2.3 will be all good.
And trust me, the 2.9 isn't small, but so much more satisfying when people don't get to expect there being a lot more then what it looks like.
Stockish outside with a strengthened drivetrain and enough power to turn the earth is in my opinion the way to go

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
I've got a good mate who does killer reverse cowls if you go down that path lol. Would be nice if you can keep it under bonnet though.