Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tripin'...

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Hi guys, did a level 3 in a vs v6 auto ute only thing not workin is inst fuel usage. Now I've double checked my wiring and confirmed my level 3 is getting a speed signal (diag mode) my question to you is does it matter what pcm is used ?

Service number is 16210672 with a memcal bstk

Looking inside the pcm, pin f7 doesn't seem to be populated. Although I haven't pulled the connector from the pcm to totally confirm this. I did try another pcm but has same service and memcal number. I'm thinking I might need a Calais or Statesman v6 pcm.

I assume to test for an output this would be a pwm signal requiring an oscilloscope ?

Sorry for the noob question but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Have you run the yellow black wire to the engine loom plug under the glove box yet? This is the feed for instant fuel.

Highheadspeed

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SS Series III Ute
Have you run the yellow black wire to the engine loom plug under the glove box yet? This is the feed for instant fuel.

Yep green I have this is what led me to check the wiring.

Also pinned out yb65 a2 to pin f7 of the pcm with no fault found hence the pcm question

Highheadspeed

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SS Series III Ute
Ok did some more troubleshooting this morning, and as per the Holden service manual I have here I have nothing on pin F7
HSM PCM Pinout.jpg

Now I found another PCM but again same service number is (16210672) with a memcal BSTK, all the same..... no vaults

So I checked my VS Series 3 V8 with a fully functional level three dash and pinned out the pcm.

Found .10 volts with an increase of .12 to .14 with throttle application, engine running.

So I don't have another PCM or Memcal to try, maybe one of the two doesn't allow a fuel usage option.

Looks like i'm on the ebay hunt again..... lol

Tinyvs6

Reaction score
Members Ride
Botanica mica green Vs v6 ute
This thread is genius!! Did the complete conversion in about 2 hours using a lvl2 loom I pulled out of a car I was wrecking, I spliced and soldered the 4th plug and trip computer plug in as per the diagrams, ran the yellow/black wire to the plug behind the left kick panel and everything works perfectly :D thanks to everyone that contributed info on this thread it made everything so easy

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ok did some more troubleshooting this morning, and as per the Holden service manual I have here I have nothing on pin F7
View attachment 174124

Now I found another PCM but again same service number is (16210672) with a memcal BSTK, all the same..... no vaults

So I checked my VS Series 3 V8 with a fully functional level three dash and pinned out the pcm.

Found .10 volts with an increase of .12 to .14 with throttle application, engine running.

So I don't have another PCM or Memcal to try, maybe one of the two doesn't allow a fuel usage option.

Looks like i'm on the ebay hunt again..... lol

Are you 100% positive it's in the correct plug - as in if you unplug it the engine will not start? I've never had to change a PCM to get the instant fuel working and that last person with an issue of no instant fuel had the wrong plug. Is worth checking - but if you have the info in front of you and got the A2 slot then hmm a mystery....

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
Hey guys I just put in a statesman dash, cluster and loom into a vs series one ute. On removing the three plugs I found four wires I had to cut as they were wired into the original loom.

I've added a picture of the wires I had to cut (circled)

Now the cluster appears to work ok but I have an engine oil light remaining on. Right hand indicator in cluster does not light up. No backlighting to the dials. Dim middle LCD. LCD lights go off when I turn headlights on and security light does nada.

I do have an aftermarket alarm system which explains security light feature but the rest has me stumped. I'm not sure the function of the wires I cut either and I don't know how to install Into the current switches yet

Any help very much appreciated.

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
Bump in hope for miracle.
Edit - engine oil light sorted
Digital speedo not working
Analogue out by 20kmh @ 60kmh
Dte working but not accurate. Will fit the other gauges and report back

gorbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn
Im doing the level 3 cluster upgrade on my vs series1 executive, when i look at the grey plug on the loom my vs doesnt have the yellow and black wire it is a blank space, so what do i do, and i graft connection number 4 into grey plug on my loom

RGVMelb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S ute
Bump! I've read every post on this thread, word for word and learned a lot. Still stuck, but I'll get there. And thanks to everyone for their posts too.

I would like to know like Rusty asked too, what happenes when you use a level 3 dash loom instead of a patch loom? I've put a Stato dash in my VS uteand am having very similar problems. Didn't realize about the patch loom until after finishing though.

*I'd love to know if/or how to run A/C around the level 3 loom to the original switch.

*How to get the back lights working for the speedo etc.

*I've also got no dash light for the right hand indicator either, so is there a fix for that?

Thanks.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
The issue is the statesman loom uses the BCM to dim the lights and the executive loom uses a resistance wire in the loom itself - so your lights will never work correclly without putting all the Statesman things in.

The A/C I have seen a car with it working - well it may have worked as it was a wrecked car, but it had both looms in it - it was a mess.

The back lights for the dash cluster need the wires from Exec loom.

Best way to go by far is to strip the level 3 loom and graft the wires into your executive loom.