Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tripin'...

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 6 Litre, VZ SV6
I just cut a hole in the dash panel where those plugs sit, then wired it while it was still in the car

OZ38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 T5 SDN & VY V6 M35 UTE
Ok I ended up removing the whole dash pad. It was easier that fiddling with connectors & wiring disassembley.

Cheers

Rocket89

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs ute
Old thread dredge up I’ve tried to understand this as much as possible I’ve got a vs ute with level 2 cluster and to put a vs statesman dash in I can run the level 3 dash loom and run the trip wire to the Ecu is that correct? Also I’m keeping the old Ac setup can’t be bothered with climate control so I have to wire the Ac switch and use the old headlight switch is there anything else?

C001VP

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VP calias v6 3.8L
You will need a lug for the yellow black wire so it will just clip in. The green speaker plugs have the correct size lug.

The yellow black will run behind the glove box and down to the plug.
88GreenVN can you message me I need help with the L2 cluster loom to L3 patch the 4th pulg

C001VP

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VP calias v6 3.8L
You will need a lug for the yellow black wire so it will just clip in. The green speaker plugs have the correct size lug.

The yellow black will run behind the glove box and down to the plug.
I need help 88GreenVN so iv got a 97 vs spac ute S2 with L2 dash cluster & want to do the L3 cluster so iv got the L3 cluster + complet L3 dash harness loom & have cut out the 4th plug & trip computer plug all as one loom I still have to get trip computer im in Ipswich QLD if any one can help

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
88GreenVN I think has moved to the states...he does pop in from time to time.....you will need to follow the wiring diagrams in this thread if your grafting you own loom. Or find a patch loom(what I did) they pop up on ebay now and again or there maybe others making them.....

C001VP

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VP calias v6 3.8L
hi guys so I'm needing help I've followed all info on here with wireing but I'm getting temp light on dash cluster can anyone help out why I'm getting it is it that i've got to repin the temp wire to conector 1 or 3

Attachments

• 5 dash 2.JPG
    5 dash 2.JPG
    76.9 KB · Views: 176
  • image004.jpg
    image004.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 266
  • l3 dash 1.jpg
    l3 dash 1.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 248
  • plug.JPG
    plug.JPG
    7.3 KB · Views: 243

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
Temp light ??? what temp light, as these cars all have temp gauges. Temp lights went out with HQ's or thereabouts.

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
Temp light ??? what temp light, as these cars all have temp gauges. Temp lights went out with HQ's or thereabouts.
only in the base models....the high end model have more idiot lights because hi end drivers are......never mind ;)
between the spd light and right indicator
and you get more little tunes to whittle away the time during roadside breakdowns :D

trip.jpg

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
Okaaay, honestly never thought there was one there in the level 3 dash or in any of the clusters. Well you learn something everyday I guess.

Maybe I maintain my vehicles way more than the average Joe and thus it's never come on for me.

I must admit that it's a great idea to have both as one can easily miss the gauge sky rocketing in the case of a hose splitting under the hood.

But in saying that the location and lack of brightness of all the idiot lights on a VN~VS are in such a non noticeable position that you'd easily miss that too. GMH obviously felt the same as they placed all those lights in VT into the actual speedo / tacho fascia which was far more in your face.