Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Trouble Starting on Hot Days (30c +)

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Generally temp wouldnt matter much but 99% of the time when you have petrol issues on a car that runs predominantly on gas it is the petrol injectors that need to be serviced due to lack of use.

All I can think of is maybe on really hot days the tank pressurizes more and forces more fuel to bleed through the injectors, thats just a guess and could be a retarded theory hahaha Im in holiday mode and dont have my work thinking cap on.

The alcohol isnt helping either.

NissanSilvia

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Thanks for your help. I have been told that older Commodore models that had problems when starting warm were due to engine sensors such as the crank angle sensor

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Yeah not so much with VE

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Best to get it doagnosed properly before buying new parts.

NissanSilvia

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
I was told by a mechanic that this is a common problem with the VE's on hot days as the system runs too lean by default when starting. Anyhow I have changed the plugs so I will see if that makes any improvement.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Thanks for the feedback mate.

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
Generally temp wouldnt matter much but 99% of the time when you have petrol issues on a car that runs predominantly on gas it is the petrol injectors that need to be serviced due to lack of use.

All I can think of is maybe on really hot days the tank pressurizes more and forces more fuel to bleed through the injectors, thats just a guess and could be a retarded theory hahaha Im in holiday mode and dont have my work thinking cap on.

The alcohol isnt helping either.

also could be the petrol injectors leaking down flooding the motor, but if left for a period of time i.e overnight they petrol can dry out.... hence not a starting issue